FN2187

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
My Rally Armor mudflaps just came in and I'm planning on mounting them this weekend. Could you tell me what kind of hardware you used and show me some clearer pics of where you mounted them, please?
Sponsored

OP
OP
imperialgrunt

imperialgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
My Rally Armor mudflaps just came in and I'm planning on mounting them this weekend. Could you tell me what kind of hardware you used and show me some clearer pics of where you mounted them, please?
Just basic bolts nuts and washers. I will take a few pics for you tomorrow.

OP
OP
imperialgrunt

imperialgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
February & March 2018: Haven't been doing much with the car lately. I did recently install a replica wing and fabricated some faux vents out of the OEM roof spoiler. Here are some photos from a little photo shoot a buddy and I did. If any of you are on IG feel free to give me a follow and say hi @imperial_grunt

Honda Civic 10th gen FN2187 {filename}

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
February & March 2018: Haven't been doing much with the car lately. I did recently install a replica wing and fabricated some faux vents out of the OEM roof spoiler. Here are some photos from a little photo shoot a buddy and I did. If any of you are on IG feel free to give me a follow and say hi @imperial_grunt

I love the creativity of creating the roof garnish out of your OEM spoiler. Might wanna cover up those holes somehow, though. I feel like they'd be a bitch to clean. I've been wary of replica type-r spoilers, though the I'd be lying if I said the idea never piqued my interest. Are you at all concerned about build quality or durability of replica parts?

OP
OP
imperialgrunt

imperialgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I love the creativity of creating the roof garnish out of your OEM spoiler. Might wanna cover up those holes somehow, though. I feel like they'd be a bitch to clean. I've been wary of replica type-r spoilers, though the I'd be lying if I said the idea never piqued my interest. Are you at all concerned about build quality or durability of replica parts?
Thank you man, yea I need to fill those holes (lol) and repaint them, I'm thinking of adding a little grill to them, maaaaybe. As far as the build quality, I don't expect much for $200. It's either $200 for replica, or $2500 for OEM, I don't track this car, nor do I drive it fast so I am not really concerned much with it. There has been a lot of vibration on the wing and I am working on a solution to fix this with a another "creative" way STAY TUNED :)

jayzon831

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback sport cvt, 2003 Acura RSX (totaled)
Country flag

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Your hatch is looking good! Cutting up the original spoiler was definitely creative, but if you'd like to clean it up, check out these TypeR replicas:
http://www.absdynamics.com/2016-201...-roof-spoiler+vortex-generator_v-034_1978.php

Your modified spoiler does add a uniqueness to your car though....
This product is weird...if you look at OEM type-r's, the vortex generators are on the roof not part of the hatch itself. Also, the picture they provide as an additional 4 vortex generators for a total of 8 on the car. I think they messed up lmao.

OP
OP
imperialgrunt

imperialgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

OP
OP
imperialgrunt

imperialgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This product is weird...if you look at OEM type-r's, the vortex generators are on the roof not part of the hatch itself. Also, the picture they provide as an additional 4 vortex generators for a total of 8 on the car. I think they messed up lmao.
The picture they are showing is two products in one. They sell a vortex generator one-piece that's installed on the roof, and then they sell the CTR replica vortex generators....but I agree, too much vortex :)

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The picture they are showing is two products in one. They sell a vortex generator one-piece that's installed on the roof, and then they sell the CTR replica vortex generators....but I agree, too much vortex :)
Oh! My mistake!

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you do the wing install yourself or take it to the shop? Pro Civic has their own ABS ctr-style wing that I'm considering.