Fml...accident today

mims80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
3 dats,prior to leaving on vacation this happened during rush hour. Car decided to wanna come into my lane. We're all going no more than 10 mph. I see car merging and either I speed up to avoid her hitting me or switch lanes. Couldn't switch lanes because car next to me. Tried to speed up but then would've hit the car in front of me. Couldn't brake be she then she would've taken my side out. Fml.
Chp wouldn't come out...we both have same insurance company. She better not tell a lie and say I hit her because I'm not paying for a deductible for something I didn't cause. Fml

Honda Civic 10th gen Fml...accident today 1470186319081239160677
Sponsored

D Money

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How the hell you get in a collision going so slow bro? Sucks man. Hope insurance pays for repairs

OP
OP

mims80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
How the hell you get in a collision going so slow bro? Sucks man. Hope insurance pays for repairs
(I'm a female) :)
she mustve not seen me and proceeded to come into my lane and managed to clip my rear. either that or she miscalculated how long her car was and hit me.

MichaelC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Whoa, she merged over and hit the BACK part of your car? I could understand a situation where you were in their blind spot, but how the heck does someone not see a car that is mostly IN FRONT of them?!?

OP
OP

mims80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Whoa, she merged over and hit the BACK part of your car? I could understand a situation where you were in their blind spot, but how the heck does someone not see a car that is mostly IN FRONT of them?!?
still baffles me...maybe there was little space behind me and she wanted to squeeze in and pushed on the gas a little bit too much. out of towners have to understand they're driving through downtown at rush hour...no need to be trying to rush when everyone else is trying to get somewhere too. still pissed. hope it was a dream but it clearly wasn't. argh!

OP
OP

mims80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
estimate damages is $2100. I'm flying out for vacation this weekend and gone for a week; not what i wanted to do on my vacation and play phone tag with the claims dept. She better admit her fault so i can get my car fixed. Although it wont be like new but at least it wont look ugly. Still pissed but nothing i can do now.

MichaelC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
I hope she doesn't try to pull a fast one... with that kind of damage, she could very well try to say that it was you (in front of her) who cut into her lane. Any witnesses? I'm really thinking about installing a dashcam... my neighbor was in a wreck several months ago and it was the other driver's fault, but they tried to lie about it. Dashcam footage shut that down real quick. Heck, I was T-boned a few years ago, and although the lady did not try to lie about it, she did seem awfully confused and thought that I had driven on the shoulder around a stopped vehicle in the travel lane, contributing to the wreck, which was not what had happened (she apparently thought that the shared turn lane, which had a line of stopped cars, was the travel lane, and tried to make a left turn through a gap, hitting me as a drove past in the travel lane).

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT
estimate damages is $2100. Although it wont be like new but at least it wont look ugly. Still pissed but nothing i can do now.
So sorry this happened to you. Was this downtown Sac, going to the freeways? You can look here for a body shop, make sure they are using OEM Honda parts & it should look like new once the repairs are completed http://collision.honda.com/ - good luck!

OP
OP

mims80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
I hope she doesn't try to pull a fast one... with that kind of damage, she could very well try to say that it was you (in front of her) who cut into her lane. Any witnesses? I'm really thinking about installing a dashcam... my neighbor was in a wreck several months ago and it was the other driver's fault, but they tried to lie about it. Dashcam footage shut that down real quick. Heck, I was T-boned a few years ago, and although the lady did not try to lie about it, she did seem awfully confused and thought that I had driven on the shoulder around a stopped vehicle in the travel lane, contributing to the wreck, which was not what had happened (she apparently thought that the shared turn lane, which had a line of stopped cars, was the travel lane, and tried to make a left turn through a gap, hitting me as a drove past in the travel lane).
unfortunately I don't have any witnesses as I was going home from work during rush hour but she does because she had a passenger in the vehicle. I don't think any witness would have stopped and pulled over to help, although I would have if I saw an accident.
I know from the looks of the damages, she could pretty much say I was trying to merge into her lane. So I thought about it and they may take her side since she has a witness to corroborate her lie...which is very unfortunate. But if the insurance sides with her then I hope karma gets her. If it was my fault I would wholeheartedly admit to it, but this one I didn't cause. Hopefully she'll be an honest citizen.
Luckily you were not hurt in your accident. I almost was involved in one if I had went as soon as my light turned green, but i saw at the corner of my eye the car going the opposite direction trying to run the red light. Boy was I lucky. I had my daughter in the car and I always point out to her the dangers of driving and being aware of the other cars even if your light is green.
I may have to consider getting a dash cam...im not tech saavy but i will have to learn how to install/use one just in case. thanks for the suggestion.

OP
OP

mims80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Insurance emailed me and said the other party has a coverage issue. WTF does that mean? My adjuster doesn't know what it is and is trying to find out. Ugh.
I'm not going to be out a few $$ for someone else's negligence. Anyone else had a problem like this?

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT
Insurance emailed me and said the other party has a coverage issue. WTF does that mean? My adjuster doesn't know what it is and is trying to find out. Ugh.
I'm not going to be out a few $$ for someone else's negligence. Anyone else had a problem like this?
CA auto insurance minimum liability policy (mandatory) is 15/30/5 - if the other driver is found to be at fault, then the $5K on their policy should cover the repair on your car. "Coverage issue" implies to me that the other driver may not have insurance?

OP
OP

mims80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
CA auto insurance minimum liability policy (mandatory) is 15/30/5 - if the other driver is found to be at fault, then the $5K on their policy should cover the repair on your car. "Coverage issue" implies to me that the other driver may not have insurance?
I hope she does since she's driving a 2016 Nissan. I'm sure she has the bare minimum but like you stated, it should be enough to cover my repairs. I've got my fingers crossed. I've been at work all day today and have gotten nothing done but to deal with my car issue. I hope you're having a better day than me. :)

civicT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
So sorry to hear about your accident and now having to deal with the insurance, or lack there of. I bought a dash cam for both front and rear. I had them installed at a place that does car stereos.

OP
OP

mims80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
So sorry to hear about your accident and now having to deal with the insurance, or lack there of. I bought a dash cam for both front and rear. I had them installed at a place that does car stereos.
Thanks, I'll look into the dash cams. There are crazy drivers out there these days! Its unbelievable.
Sponsored