stormcode

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
I've got a 2017 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring CVT (FK7), I'm looking at doing some basic mods to improve the overall 0-60 on it but I am still looking to keep my manufactures warranty since I have only 23k miles. So not looking at doing a tune yet. (Also have been waiting to see how tunes are after a few years of people running them. Waiting for another tune stats post to see how many engines blow up really :) ).

Right now My current mods are
27Won CAI
Dashcam(Front, Rear)​

What I was looking at was the FMIC (https://store.27won.com/2016-civic-intercooler-upgrade-fmic-kit.html) and the full Exhaust (also 27won, the sound is so nice). Funds aren't really an issue. So what I want to know is, would I get more out of doing the FMIC? or the full Exhaust. I plan on doing a tune when my car's out of warranty. So really I know anything I add wont be fully used until I do a tune.

Stuff I have dug up....
FMIC: From what I have gathered it seems like the FMIC would be a larger gain, if its warm out like 80+, being based out of Michigan our summers are 80-90's so I think It would help a lot more. On their site(27won), they do claim to have gains of 20whp and 25wtq no tune, for the 2018 SI, I was figuring that since its close to same model it would be close to the same gains,
Exhaust: Seems like this will improve things overall but not by much, thou make my car sound cooler.

Looking for other peoples thoughts on this.
Sponsored

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
You just need to swap the stock downpipe with catless downpipe or downpipe with high flow cat, which I believe you can get from 27Won, PRL, or RV6, depending on your preference. You can leave the rest of the exhaust pipes stock unless you are tuning for sound.

Stock intercooler is very capable to handle stock turbo boost.

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag
The exhaust is not going to improve anything but the sound since it's not a limiting factor with stock car/tune. The intercooler could be a better choice but please note that the 20 hp gains showed on the website are for a FBO si with W1 turbo and custom tune.

OP
OP

stormcode

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ah I see, so really when I upgrade the Stock tubro is when I also want to do a FMIC then.

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Ah I see, so really when I upgrade the Stock tubro is when I also want to do a FMIC then.
You may need to upgrade your FMIC when you tune your car using tuning solution such KTuner & Hondata. Stock FMIC is good for stock tune.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I mean if you are seeing high intake temps and heat soak because you do stop and go a lot then IC is a good thing to upgrade. Also if you live in a place where it gets pretty hot during the year like AZ where I live. If you are going for an exhaust, look for one with an included front pipe so you have everything matched up. One of the several downpipe choices is also a good option, with or without cat is up to you and what your state emissions laws are.

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I've got a 2017 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring CVT (FK7), I'm looking at doing some basic mods to improve the overall 0-60 on it but I am still looking to keep my manufactures warranty since I have only 23k miles. So not looking at doing a tune yet. (Also have been waiting to see how tunes are after a few years of people running them. Waiting for another tune stats post to see how many engines blow up really :) ).

Right now My current mods are​
27Won CAI​
Dashcam(Front, Rear)​

What I was looking at was the FMIC (https://store.27won.com/2016-civic-intercooler-upgrade-fmic-kit.html) and the full Exhaust (also 27won, the sound is so nice). Funds aren't really an issue. So what I want to know is, would I get more out of doing the FMIC? or the full Exhaust. I plan on doing a tune when my car's out of warranty. So really I know anything I add wont be fully used until I do a tune.

Stuff I have dug up....
FMIC: From what I have gathered it seems like the FMIC would be a larger gain, if its warm out like 80+, being based out of Michigan our summers are 80-90's so I think It would help a lot more. On their site(27won), they do claim to have gains of 20whp and 25wtq no tune, for the 2018 SI, I was figuring that since its close to same model it would be close to the same gains,
Exhaust: Seems like this will improve things overall but not by much, thou make my car sound cooler.

Looking for other peoples thoughts on this.
FYI
I have 27WON CAI, Front pipe back exhaust and FMIC on stock tune. No seat of the pants feel in terms of HP boost. I also changed out OEM radiator to Koyorad and full compliment of PRL Silicone coolant hose. My goal is not to increase HP but efficiency and reliabilty for my wife's grocery getter.

Personally, all my cars start out improving braking and suspension before HP.

But if you're to install 27WON FMIC, I recommend TypeR RMM to lessen turbo lag "feel" on throttle response if you don't have a tune. Further more, having TypeR RMM is nice, even without anything else!

And if you are concern about warranty, it will already be void if you bring your car in for engine issue claims and having the CAI installed.

Good Luck!

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag
FMIC is the 2nd best mods after CAI, you will instantly feel the difference in top end. Instead of exhaust i would recommend dp/fp to gain most power but since your car is on stock factory map you wont achieve power unless you get flash tune.

OP
OP

stormcode

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
FMIC is the 2nd best mods after CAI, you will instantly feel the difference in top end. Instead of exhaust i would recommend dp/fp to gain most power but since your car is on stock factory map you wont achieve power unless you get flash tune.
I plan on doing dp/fp with the rear exhaust. Kinda a do it all at the same time while i'm under the car. 27won is out of stock for a lot of it, so its now the fall plan.

In response to Fit2Hatch
My break pads, per the last time I took it in(few months ago), my breaks pads are at a 6, Since I only have the CAI right now. My thoughts were to upgrade the breaks when they need to replaced. Figured save money if I do it myself and put something better on. Good to know about the Type R RMM thou, I wouldn't have expected those are compatible.

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
In response to Fit2Hatch
My break pads, per the last time I took it in(few months ago), my breaks pads are at a 6, Since I only have the CAI right now. My thoughts were to upgrade the breaks when they need to replaced. Figured save money if I do it myself and put something better on. Good to know about the Type R RMM thou, I wouldn't have expected those are compatible.
[/QUOTE]

Just to share my brake improvement by simply change out OEM brake pads.

First off, most OEM metallic brake pad component is design for overall wet/dry efficiency, all without consideration on brake dust ond aggressive wear on rotors.

Wife's Hatchback had less than 10K miles at time of changing out brake pads, along with lots of brake dust, rotor wear was clearly becoming unsightly. Due to the low mileage, OEM rotors were retained, F/R EBC Yellow Stuff brake pads were installed. EBC pads had break in chemical layer above pads, so during initial break in, resulted with lots of brake dust and oily residue, especially on front wheel barrels. After couple thousand miles, no more oily residue and brake dust is no worse than OEM. W/D Braking performance is day and night difference, especially on initial bite. Also , rotors now getting a polished look.

A little food for thought.

Good luck!
Sponsored