First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you guys recommend upgrading the FMIC if you are only on stage 1 or is it not really needed until you have more power?
Sponsored

Static_Awesome

IG:Static.Awesome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
With a FMIC and charge pipes, you'll gain a little power, and no it's not NEEDED, but you'll get colder temps and less heat soak. I did mine myself, and it wasn't a bad install at all! That and the 27WON Intake drastically lowered my IATs to typically only 10 degrees above ambient in the Florida heat

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
did mine with prl and have cai and my temps are 10-12 degrees above ambient sometimes less lately because its been really nice in California, it not not needed no but it does make a difference with heat soak

OP
OP
Jtantuco

Jtantuco

luv_SIc
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
With a FMIC and charge pipes, you'll gain a little power, and no it's not NEEDED, but you'll get colder temps and less heat soak. I did mine myself, and it wasn't a bad install at all! That and the 27WON Intake drastically lowered my IATs to typically only 10 degrees above ambient in the Florida heat
did mine with prl and have cai and my temps are 10-12 degrees above ambient sometimes less lately because its been really nice in California, it not not needed no but it does make a difference with heat soak
Yeah i am not worried about making more Power more curious if having an upgraded FMIC will have any effect on better reliability for a stage 1 since it does take away heat. Or is stage 1 perfectly fine wit stock FMIC?

I dont plan to go stage 2 and dont really push the car heavily.

FC1Dawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Not necessary but nice to have. I got lower IAT2's and lower knock control with the 27Won FMIC. Power delivery is much more consistent.

OP
OP
Jtantuco

Jtantuco

luv_SIc
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not necessary but nice to have. I got lower IAT2's and lower knock control with the 27Won FMIC. Power delivery is much more consistent.
Yeah thats what i have been hearing, most likely will be my next and final mod ?

MYSI2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ SI
Country flag
I’m installing my 27won FMIC today. I am running TSP Stage 1 with no plans to custom tune until I get my W1 later this year. I understand I will not be getting the full potential out of my parts but are there any negative repercussions for running the FMIC on tsp stage 1 for several months?

FC1Dawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I’m installing my 27won FMIC today. I am running TSP Stage 1 with no plans to custom tune until I get my W1 later this year. I understand I will not be getting the full potential out of my parts but are there any negative repercussions for running the FMIC on tsp stage 1 for several months?
Nope. You're pretty much good to go, the TSP Stage 1 works well with it. I've been running the 27WON FMIC since April and experienced pretty much no issues.

maxlt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe - Modern Steel Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah thats what i have been hearing, most likely will be my next and final mod ?
Looks like you and I are in the exact same boat ?. Final mod, FMIC. I'm leaning PRL, what about you?

OP
OP
Jtantuco

Jtantuco

luv_SIc
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like you and I are in the exact same boat ?. Final mod, FMIC. I'm leaning PRL, what about you?
I think im going PRL as well. I heard mishimoto has a nice one as well but i like PRLs products so far i trust them ?

maxlt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think im going PRL as well. I heard mishimoto has a nice one as well but i like PRLs products so far i trust them ?
Yeah exactly. I was torn been those two companies as well. Are you getting the full kit with the charge pipes?

OP
OP
Jtantuco

Jtantuco

luv_SIc
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah exactly. I was torn been those two companies as well. Are you getting the full kit with the charge pipes?
Most likely but im not in any rush to order mine yet but maybe in a few months.

maxlt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Most likely but im not in any rush to order mine yet but maybe in a few months.
Everything seems to be out of stock till late July anyway. So might as well take your time.
Sponsored