First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si 1.5T
Country flag
What do you
Honda Civic 10th gen Flex Fuel Yes or No? sirimoto-flashpro-e85-full-power-package_LRG
Sponsored

Garyd85gt

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Beware of misinformation, it will not tear up your injectors- research online- forum people are biased one way or the other.
I have it, 37% ethanol, car runs great

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Beware of misinformation, it will not tear up your injectors- research online- forum people are biased one way or the other.
I have it, 37% ethanol, car runs great
Agreed.

I would also emphasize that straight E85 will over work the factory fuel system and lead to a lean condition or misfire, but a 35-40% blend of ethanol works wonders and is one of the best bang for your buck modifications for this platform.

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
for what purpose? what do you get from this?

for me though it would be a NO because it would take the better part of 2 gallons of gas to drive to the nearest gas station that sells e85 and back.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Being on e85 myself and pretty heavily modified I always give a word of caution/warning to those wanting/contemplating going e85.

Stock turbo e85, I would be wary. We are beginning to see more and more issues of blown motors due to bent rods, piston issues, and head gasket issues with the additional force going e85 will put on your motor. I would recommend it if you are interested in more power but be advised that e85 puts more stress than a simple ecu ktuner or hondata upgrade. Be prepared in the future to make upgrades and replacements as failures/issues can be more prominent.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Being on e85 myself and pretty heavily modified I always give a word of caution/warning to those wanting/contemplating going e85.

Stock turbo e85, I would be wary. We are beginning to see more and more issues of blown motors due to bent rods, piston issues, and head gasket issues with the additional force going e85 will put on your motor. I would recommend it if you are interested in more power but be advised that e85 puts more stress than a simple ecu ktuner or hondata upgrade. Be prepared in the future to make upgrades and replacements as failures/issues can be more prominent.
The main difference between the stock turbo and a larger one in this case is how soon boost pressure is built. A good tuner can adjust the tune as needed to avoid the low RPM / high torque risk of engine damage you are referring to. So yes, be careful if you have the factory turbo, but a good tune by a trusted and experienced tuner is a great place to start with any build. This is not a personal message directed to xjoshuax89, just my thoughts on the subject. :)

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The main difference between the stock turbo and a larger one in this case is how soon boost pressure is built. A good tuner can adjust the tune as needed to avoid the low RPM / high torque risk of engine damage you are referring to. So yes, be careful if you have the factory turbo, but a good tune by a trusted and experienced tuner is a great place to start with any build. This is not a personal message directed to xjoshuax89, just my thoughts on the subject. :)
Definitely true! I should have stated my point a bit more clearly. Thanks for the catch!

My concern is more of people who just slap on a flex kit and buy an OTS tune. While that aint bad.. but getting a custom professional tune from like DRob would be much better to ensure no issues while ensuring a nice and smooth power curve.
Sponsored