Flex fuel with stock downpipe

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
... oh and another thing.. don't forget to put the 'FLEX FUEL' badge below your Type R... that'll really stir up the pot when you're driving on the highway LOL! Heck... this car out of any other car gets more attention and instigates more races then I've ever seen... I can't go from point A to B around here without someone heckling me to race. There's literally been a war declared (at least by me) between Type R's vs everything else =D
Honda Civic 10th gen Flex fuel with stock downpipe 51685_3166___SM-HC17-FK8-FFIK_Badge copy
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Just make sure the gas you use is a 10% ethanol blend... there might be some out there that are 0... so check to make sure :) https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=26092

If you use Shell Gasolines... 0% Ethanol on some grades ... supposedly :)
-According to Dan McTeague, a noted petroleum analyst, Shell and Esso 91 are both ethanol free. All other grades from the companies have some ethanol content, but the mid-grade blend is pure gas, which means it not only corrodes less than ethanol blends, but is less likely to deteriorate when stored.

If you use Arco, Mobile, Exxon or Costa Gasolines ~10% Ethanol..

So remember this... always check. Should be displayed on pump or google it :p

Also, on a 2020 or higher CTR, theType R's grille opening is now 13 percent bigger, which Honda claims it allows the engine to run 18 degrees Fahrenheit cooler on the track. This is a welcome change considering the overheating issues the earlier cars had when taken to track days. Compensating for the decrease in downforce brought on by this new grille, the car's front splitter has also been reworked... not to mention other improvements on the car overall including the braking system.

Last edited: