Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Ordered kit from prl site today, hopefully issue has been resolved
We have new lines now and any kit that has been recently ordered or shipped out has had the new lines.

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Does this affect the 1.5t flex fuel kit owners? We have 1 fuel hose on our 1.5t kits vs the Type R having 2 but it's still a hose

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Does this affect the 1.5t flex fuel kit owners? We have 1 fuel hose on our 1.5t kits vs the Type R having 2 but it's still a hose
Yes unfortunately any kit that was previously made before we switched out these lines could have problems. We recommend checking the lines for any contamination and if you find anything you can send us an email and we will gladly take care of you. Some kits we have noticed after years of driving are totally fine, while some do show signs of wear.

DS_0x7CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Yes unfortunately any kit that was previously made before we switched out these lines could have problems. We recommend checking the lines for any contamination and if you find anything you can send us an email and we will gladly take care of you. Some kits we have noticed after years of driving are totally fine, while some do show signs of wear.
Are there any significant changes to the new lines? Is it a different variant of the Gates Barricade or are they upgraded to braided PTFE/Nylon (like Fargola) or something similar? Def would like to change mine out if that’s the case. Just for some peace of mind.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
We have new lines now and any kit that has been recently ordered or shipped out has had the new lines.
Has this been announced on your social media? I was actually waiting for your lines to be updated to order a kit. I’m glad it’s all resolved. I’ll be placing an order soon.

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Are there any significant changes to the new lines? Is it a different variant of the Gates Barricade or are they upgraded to braided PTFE/Nylon (like Fargola) or something similar? Def would like to change mine out if that’s the case. Just for some peace of mind.
Interested in this as well. Can @PRL Motorsports chime in.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
@PRL Motorsports im currently having a issue with my car, its running super lean SIFT are at 45+ and AFR are at 17.0 to 18.9 you think the flex fuel kit line clogged my injectors? It was weird because the same day my car was running perfect like always and I parked and came back to it at night and that’s when it started to happen

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
We are currently still using Gates Barricade hose with all Flex Fuel Kits.

Just for an update, our new, custom fittings are currently in production for the PTFE line assembly upgrade. We will post more news regarding this once available.

@PRL Motorsports im currently having a issue with my car, its running super lean SIFT are at 45+ and AFR are at 17.0 to 18.9 you think the flex fuel kit line clogged my injectors? It was weird because the same day my car was running perfect like always and I parked and came back to it at night and that’s when it started to happen
This does not sound likely. Line-related issues would not be noticeable at idle or under low fuel demand driving.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any update to this?
We have finished the design phase, finishing up prototype production, and are entering the testing phase of the new lines. More news to be officially posted in the coming weeks. Before releasing the new hoses, we need some time to thoroughly test the fittings to ensure no possibility of leaks with the new specialty hose ends.

We are quite pleased with our solution and can't wait to share the results!

Learn2turn:)

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW FK8, 2005 S2000, 1995 Miata
Country flag
You can just pop the line off and check inside the line for any deterioration. Just as @Centripetal stated, there are layers inside of the hose and it is extremely rare that this would result in any sort of hazard.
Can someone describe EXACTLY what to look for during inspection of the lines?
Thanks guys