Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R (Championship White)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Flex Fuel Hondata Calibration Sirimoto and PRL kits ADE309D9-6D08-43BA-86B9-55BA2F76FCFD
Honda Civic 10th gen Flex Fuel Hondata Calibration Sirimoto and PRL kits E6AA878C-6E49-42AC-8DF1-7C82454E66A2

Noticed the PRL flex fuel kit installation instructions have specific Hondata Race Flashpro calibration modifications instructions, while the Sirimoto kit appears to just need Hondata Race base map or referral to custom tune?

Any expertise or insights on Flashpro calibrations for flex fuel- with stock or upgraded fuel system?

silverSi513

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R
Country flag
ADE309D9-6D08-43BA-86B9-55BA2F76FCFD.png
E6AA878C-6E49-42AC-8DF1-7C82454E66A2.png

Noticed the PRL flex fuel kit installation instructions have specific Hondata Race Flashpro calibration modifications instructions, while the Sirimoto kit appears to just need Hondata Race base map or referral to custom tune?

Any expertise or insights on Flashpro calibrations for flex fuel- with stock or upgraded fuel system?
I have the Sirimoto flex fuel kit and all I did was enable ethanol content in the flashpro options and selected a map with flexfuel and it’s been running great no issues at all.

R4TED-R

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2001 Acura Integra Type R, 1990 Toyota Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I were to go with the route of the sirimoto fuel kit. Do I have to upgrade or change out my oem fuel pump? I was concern of the OEM pump not handling the fuel and maxing it out? I know other are doing the fuel system upgrade to prevent issues but if I wanted to do the flex fuel kit to be able to run e85 blend I should be okay?

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If I were to go with the route of the sirimoto fuel kit. Do I have to upgrade or change out my oem fuel pump? I was concern of the OEM pump not handling the fuel and maxing it out? I know other are doing the fuel system upgrade to prevent issues but if I wanted to do the flex fuel kit to be able to run e85 blend I should be okay?
You'll be able to run up to about 30-40% before you start having issues or have to reduce power on the OEM pump. 25-30% is the ideal amount.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
E30 should be fine. Just make sure to reduce your air charge limit so you don't max out the fuel pump.

For what it's worth, Brazil has been using E30 at their pumps since the early 2000s.

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
How do you reduce the air charge limit? I can't seem to find it in flashpro manager.

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
thanks, I don't know how I missed that. What is the general setting for here which everybody uses and for what rpm's?

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
These are my E30 airc settings. Mine are probably more conservative than others. Fuel pump usually doesn't go above 90%.

Honda Civic 10th gen Flex Fuel Hondata Calibration Sirimoto and PRL kits 1602009491871

If you're on a flex tune, you probably want to adjust the air charge based on ethanol % under the 'boost by ethanol' table. Between the main air charge limit table and the boost by ethanol tables, the tune uses the lower value of the 2 tables.

You can set the boost by ethanol values to 300 and the tune will use the main air charge limit numbers. The caveat is that those air charge values are only meant for E30.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
thanks, I don't know how I missed that. What is the general setting for here which everybody uses and for what rpm's?
Let me preface this by saying setting up flex fuel is no simple task. Tuning for straight E30 (or any other set percentage) is straightforward, but flex fuel is not.

If you've got a flex fuel kit you'll be making your changes in this table instead:
Honda Civic 10th gen Flex Fuel Hondata Calibration Sirimoto and PRL kits 1602009327941

In either case, the proper air charge limits can vary from car to car. There are some Type Rs with weak fuel pumps and some with very strong fuel pumps - the reasons for which are unknown. On top of that, it also heavily depends on your A/F targets. I can run 220 to 200 at redline on E30, but only because I run 12.2 AFR as well.

Nobody can just give you a set of numbers to try out - your logs have to be reviewed to see where your fuel pump duty is currently at. If you aren't at 88-90% already, aircharge can go up at that RPM. If you're hitting 100% and losing pressure, aircharge must go down. A 5% difference in air charge can be the difference between capping out your fuel pump and not - and likewise, a 5% change in ethanol content can do the same. This is why tuning for flex fuel is difficult.

Really, anyone running ethanol should just get a custom tune or learn how to do it themselves. The basemaps just 'get you there'.

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
cool thanks. I was going to get a tune by drob but unsure if I should bother with flex or just stick with 93 pump

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
cool thanks. I was going to get a tune by drob but unsure if I should bother with flex or just stick with 93 pump
If you're going with DRob, he can definitely get some decent power out of a flex fuel kit. It's not gonna be the kind of gains you see on other platforms running E85 but there will still be gains. I think he only charges $100 extra for a flex fuel tune, which is worth it IMO if you have access to ethanol.

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
great, thanks for the help. I have a pump about 5 mins from house

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Invest in the hondata fuel system, or kick it up a notch with motec ecu and supplemental port injection.

Only just Monday did I finally get a flex fuel kit and it's been an entirely different world. Since that evening I've already drove around for over 500 miles at E45 (plus or minus 4%,) with my first ever flex fuel tank in the 30s thrown on top of that and I can't stop flooring it.

To put it in perspective, the best 62-124 pull I did with the same bolt ons minus the fuel system was right around 10 seconds. Last night I did it in 8.5, 9 was my previous best. A second and a half faster on the same stretch of road and I'm not even close to being done street tuning this. A 100-200kph pull isn't even the best benchmark since of the cars gearing. You either start right around peak torque and power and have to upshift at 82, or you start in 4th and deal with a ramp up, but you only have to shift once. To me it seems usually starting in 3rd is faster since it builds crazy momentum at the start using the ol 3rd gear slingshot.

I haven't tried to brake boost an attempt but I've played around with it. Feels like the car doesn't really benefit from it as all when driving on your own. Just partial throttle into full boost and be on your way

Last edited:

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Invest in the hondata fuel system, or kick it up a notch with motec ecu and supplemental port injection.

Only just Monday did I finally get a flex fuel kit and it's been an entirely different world. Since that evening I've already drove around for over 500 miles at E45 (plus or minus 4%,) with my first ever flex fuel tank in the 30s thrown on top of that and I can't stop flooring it.

To put it in perspective, the best 62-124 pull I did with the same bolt ons minus the fuel system was right around 10 seconds. Last night I did it in 8.5, 9 was my previous best. A second and a half faster on the same stretch of road and I'm not even close to being done street tuning this. A 100-200kph pull isn't even the best benchmark since of the cars gearing. You either start right around peak torque and power and have to upshift at 82, or you start in 4th and deal with a ramp up, but you only have to shift once. To me it seems usually starting in 3rd is faster since it builds crazy momentum at the start using the ol 3rd gear slingshot
I told myself I'd just try a tank or two of E30 and go back to 93.

Honda Civic 10th gen Flex Fuel Hondata Calibration Sirimoto and PRL kits 1602261825209
Sponsored