Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We have confirmed that the FlashPro will work on FK8 ECUs which have been jailbroken by someone other than Hondata. However if the ECU has been bricked in the jailbreak process then the ECU can't be used. ie the ECU has to start and run the vehicle in order to be used with FlashPro.

If you have any specific questions then email [email protected] and we will try to help you.

Update: Unfortunately the Ktuner 'return to stock' does not fully return the ECU to stock, so currently ECUs which have been used with Ktuner must be sent to Hondata for the stock binary to be unloaded.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Modomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #0369
Country flag
If we only have 92 octane, would it be better to run a 91 or 93 calibration?

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You could try the 93 octane, do a 3rd gear pull and see if there is any knock retard. I suspect in summer at least you'd need the 91 octane calibration, but there is some variation in fuel knock resistance with each gas station, time of year etc and the 93 octane calibration might be ok for you.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know this is old as crap, but I wanted to add that recently I went back to a Type R.

I bought a 2019 CTR recently. Went to add flashpro and found that the ECU had the wrong binary, hence most likely was flashed by ktuner.

Kinetic Autoworks in Maryland was able to reflash the ecu back to stock binary and then able to use Flashpro. This was on the spot, so no need to send the ECU to hondata. I can't remember for the life of me what they used, but it was a tuning device they usually use on their exotic cars, costs like $5k lol.
Sponsored