19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
If the vehicle is not normal after an upload then don't drive it. Switch it off, unplug the FlashPro from both the vehicle and laptop, switch off the ignition, check the software is up to date then upload again. Don't try to track down errors or do throttle learning or anything like that. And it's not the battery voltage.

If it still does it afterwards then use 'Send Feedback' which will give me the details of the ECU part number, the calibration ID and the last upload log. I'll probably also need the calibration which you can send as part of the feedback process. Datalogs are not useful but sending feedback with the ignition on will give me the error codes.

And unless you are running ethanol, return the ECU to stock if you need to drive it. Don't drive a vehicle when something is obviously wrong.
[/

I hope I didn’t do any damage now.
Sponsored

OP
OP

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
If it happens again then send the feedback immediately after the bad upload and then we can start to track down the cause.

Do you think anything was damaged? Should I upload again or just send the feedback now?

Mantihts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Country flag
Do you think anything was damaged? Should I upload again or just send the feedback now?
I can say with about 99% confidence that there was no damage done to your engine. The absolute worst that was done was you fouled your sparkplugs. I've been fighting this issue for a long time now with no resolution, before the most recent update.

OP
OP

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Ok, that’s good. I was in a panic.

OP
OP

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
If the vehicle is not normal after an upload then don't drive it. Switch it off, unplug the FlashPro from both the vehicle and laptop, switch off the ignition, check the software is up to date then upload again. Don't try to track down errors or do throttle learning or anything like that. And it's not the battery voltage.

If it still does it afterwards then use 'Send Feedback' which will give me the details of the ECU part number, the calibration ID and the last upload log. I'll probably also need the calibration which you can send as part of the feedback process. Datalogs are not useful but sending feedback with the ignition on will give me the error codes.

And unless you are running ethanol, return the ECU to stock if you need to drive it. Don't drive a vehicle when something is obviously wrong.

Sending the feedback now

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No calibration sent. With that P2176 idle learn error you need to return to stock and see if you have the same error.

OP
OP

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
No calibration sent. With that idle learn error return to stock and see if you have the same error.
I just sent again because the box to check for calibration was greyed out. I can send the file separately if you want?

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, return to stock and check if you have the error. The throttle position is checked upon key on (which is that sound you hear) so key on and don't start the engine, and then check the error codes. If no error, then start the engine and see if things are normal & no code.

OP
OP

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Ok, that worked. Car is running normal with no lights although significantly slower, lol

OP
OP

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
What does that mean now?

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
in my experiences thus far even flashing back to stock can have this happen and it is entirely intermittent.

OP
OP

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
That’s discouraging but I started the car and did quick drive and everything is fine now. I have a fear of flashing the car again now

OP
OP

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
It’s happened the last two times I tried with two different files in both 3.6.8 and 3.6.9 versions. The first time the third flash finally worked and the second time it never worked after Atleast 7 tries

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't want to subject you to some sort of extensive testing regime. If the upload works without the P2176, then leave it at that and drive the car.
If you send the calibration then I'll upload a large number of times and see if I get the error. I won't have time to do this for two weeks or so.
There's two possibilities - it is an error that only happens every x number of uploads on your vehicle, or there is some problem with the calibration that is uploaded. Normally a calibration is fairly deterministic so if there is a problem it happens every time, so I'll try to determine which it might be.
Sponsored