19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
The first revision loaded without issue but starting with the second one about 2 weeks ago, It took me three times to flash correctly. What would happen is it would finish, give me the message to turn off the ignition and then when I started it, the car ran really rough with multiple lights on the dash. I finally was able to get it installed which leads to yesterday. I tried to install the next revision and have now flashed it 6 times and I end up with the same issue. I even tried a previous file and same issue. I spoke with Derek and he said sounded like low battery voltage so I bought a new battery. I have also tried it while connected to a battery tender. I am running the latest flashpro version and I receive a message that upload was successful upon completion.
Sponsored

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm seeing this issue more and more recently. A couple of my customers had it just like you. You probably have a CEL saying the idle position has not been learned. @Hondata

There's no known solution yet except driving it until the code clears, and it will barely go over 2k RPM usually.

OP
OP

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hmm, so I can drive it the way it is? It idles very rough and there are lights on dash. I didn’t want to ruin anything. Instead of driving, can I just let it idle in driveway? Thank you for the help.

Last edited:

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hmm, so I can drive it the way it is? It idles very rough and there are lights on dash. I didn’t want to ruin anything.
It sounds wild but it’s because the ECU is heavily retarding ignition to maintain idle instead of using the throttle plate which it doesn’t know the idle position for. It basically can’t control the throttle plate properly. It won’t drive right at all, probably will not go above a certain RPM, but I don't believe there’s much danger besides being honked at. Fueling and air is still being measured and reacted to properly, we took a lot of datalogs when the issue was occurring.

Sometimes, reflashing will work. Sometimes, it won’t. I’ve been trying to collect info on this for Hondata. Can you screenshot the FlashPro tab under the FlashPro window where it shows the ECU status and calibration ID?

Last edited:
OP
OP

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Ok, let me flash it to the correct file and I will send screenshot

Mantihts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Country flag
Ok, let me flash it to the correct file and I will send screenshot
As founder and CEO of this permanent CEL I can attest that you'll need to drive for about 10 minutes while you feel like your car is about to explode. I suggest doing this on private roads if possible as you'll be speed limited by gear. All codes should be cleared and throttle body should relearn position after this. If you have a code reader that is not Hondata I would highly suggest scanning for CELs prior to flashing. Permanent CELs require a certain number of run cycles to clear, and flashing while it is still present will just cause the problem again.

@kefi and I are still looking into the issue on my end, as I've had about 15 flashes with it at this point and I'm pretty sure he's about to have an aneurysm.

OP
OP

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Oh brother. Must be some update to the software because I never had an issue before 3.6.08

OP
OP

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks for the help guys. I will give it a shot

OP
OP

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just drove for 15 mins and it’s still there. Should I clear the codes first?

OP
OP

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
It sounds wild but it’s because the ECU is heavily retarding ignition to maintain idle instead of using the throttle plate which it doesn’t know the idle position for. It basically can’t control the throttle plate properly. It won’t drive right at all, probably will not go above a certain RPM, but there’s no danger besides being honked at. Fueling and air is still being measured and reacted to properly.

Sometimes, reflashing will work. Sometimes, it won’t. I’ve been trying to collect info on this for Hondata. Can you screenshot the FlashPro tab under the FlashPro window where it shows the ECU status and calibration ID?
here is the screenshot

Honda Civic 10th gen Flashpro upload issue while custom tuning InkedIMG-0858_LI

OP
OP

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
No, still the same pretty much and lights still on

Mantihts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Country flag
No, still the same pretty much and lights still on
If you have access to a private road you should be trying to maintain top speed, which for me was about 45km/h. I had cleared it this way twice. Once driving to the dealership and once driving around my suburb.
Sponsored