Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Change History

V2.9.4 (28 February 2018)

· FlashPro firmware updated to version 129
· [2018+ Turbo Accord 2.0] Revised MT calibrations and new Stage 2 AT calibration
· [2018+ Turbo Accord 2.0] Fixed touring model Hondata mode function
· [2017+ Civic Si] Added scramble feature

Scramble

There are many built in protection limits for boost based on heat build up, knock control, etc. The 2016+ turbo charged direct injection vehicles almost never see their boost go as high as the maximum pressure ratio table. With the new Scramble button, users have the ability to bypass the built in limits and target the maximum levels indicated by the pressure ratio table.
Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro update V2.9.4 -  [2017+ Civic Si] Added scramble feature upload_2018-3-2_19-46-9

Scramble mode is toggled via the Res+ button on the cruise control switches. It can only be enabled while cruise control is off and while ECON mode is off. It is also recommend that when using this feature, the torque limit table be raised high enough that the computer does not close the throttle when in scramble mode. Some models, like the 2017 Civic Si, require the user to disable the P0299 turbocharger under boost error in the miscellaneous section when using this feature.
Sponsored

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Scramble boost is cool. My TruBoost has it on my Z. I don't think it gets us anything if we're running a 21 or 23 basemap past ~4800 RPM since the power past those points is pretty much identical on the stock turbo, whether it's set to 21 or 23.

The functionality is cool, I just don't know that there's any gains to be had pushing past the basemaps boost levels other than a harsher spike in the midrange.

Love the idea though.

VidaDeX

Dm Slder
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone used this already? If so, what differences did you notice?

VidaDeX

Dm Slder
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
** Update **

Tried out the scramble feature today, CEL code P0299 turbocharger under boost error detected and I made sure the box was checked to disable this in the miscellaneous section. I then reverted back to a previous tune without this feature. But while it worked before the CEL I noticed immediate mid torque increase as I could also hear the turbo spooling super loud even with a stock intake. Love the scramble feature but I do not know what configurations I have to set the torque table and am afraid to mess with it because of lack of knowledge. In the end, I am unfortunately going to have to sit this new update out. :(

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
** Update **

Tried out the scramble feature today, CEL code P0299 turbocharger under boost error detected and I made sure the box was checked to disable this in the miscellaneous section. I then reverted back to a previous tune without this feature. But while it worked before the CEL I noticed immediate mid torque increase as I could also hear the turbo spooling super loud even with a stock intake. Love the scramble feature but I do not know what configurations I have to set the torque table and am afraid to mess with it because of lack of knowledge. In the end, I am unfortunately going to have to sit this new update out. :(
it's suppose to be unchecked to disable

There's no TQ tables on the SI

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
So what I am hearing is that the box unchecked will apply the feature?
depends on which you are talking about
all the OBDII error tests are unchecked to disable

VidaDeX

Dm Slder
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So scramble boost needs to be unchecked then in miscellaneous set up?
Scramble mode needs to be checked and the P0299 box needs to be unchecked

VidaDeX

Dm Slder
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will it cause check engine light to come on
Not if you follow my directions lol, Make sure the scramble mode is checked and also make sure the P0299 turbocharger under boost error in the miscellaneous section is unchecked. Having this done will have the scramble mode running flawlessly when you hit the Res+ mode. ALSO be advised the settings I informed you of is for the civic SI model.

jhosafros

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Not if you follow my directions lol, Make sure the scramble mode is checked and also make sure the P0299 turbocharger under boost error in the miscellaneous section is unchecked. Having this done will have the scramble mode running flawlessly when you hit the Res+ mode. ALSO be advised the settings I informed you of is for the civic SI model.
Cool thanks for your help