FlashPro release date and specifications

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
The injectors are too small for E85, and there is no ethanol content sensor in the fuel system.
Understood - thanks for getting back to me.
So no flex fuel because of content sensor (and I assume no capability to add said sensor to the ECU or otherwise configure another 1-5V sensor for such duty) and no E85 because of injector size. I assume this only uses direct injection right? Or is there port injection as well?

I wonder if it is possible to
1. Add a fuel composition sensor on the fuel line
2. Capture the signal from the composition sensor
3. Use a smart module to combine the signal from the Composition Sensor and from perhaps the MAP sensor or MAF sensor and feed that to the MAP or MAF input in the ECU.
4. Flex fuel all day.

Sounds easy right? :beer::beer::beer:

Now for injector size - it sounds like a pretty good opportunity for a single big Throttle Body injector!!! I mean it would only bee needed under boost, so the DI would still handle all the idle and most of the driving range
Sponsored

serif

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9G Accord V6 Slushbox Sedan
Just for S&Gs because I noticed the peak torque numbers were almost identical (268.3 vs 268.7), I overlaid the Hondata L15 "race prep" dyno graph on the Hondata J35 dyno graph. The FlashPro tune makes the little 1.5T have roughly the same mid range as the J35. No joke. At the point of the J35's peak torque, the L15 is within ~5%. After that point, it obviously chokes out compared to the J-series, as expected, but until the turbo starts to run out of gas it pretty well holds its own. Very interesting stuff, and actually leaves me a bit more excited for the 1.5T in the Si. 1.5 is in purple.

Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro release date and specifications L15vJ35

FlaDiaz22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #00418
Country flag
December 12th Hondata will be shipping the FlashPro for the US 10th Gen Civic. There is a lot of information on our web site, so spend a few minutes reading.

https://www.hondata.com/flashpro-2016-civic

Gain 10-25 hp with an increase in torque virtually everywhere. Drivability is substantially improved with no change in part throttle economy. This is the very first performance modification you should make to your turbo Civic.
The FlashPro allows full user tuning and datalogging for your 2016+ US Civic 1.5 Turbo. The FlashPro connects from your laptop's USB port to your vehicle's diagnostic port to provide live tuning with a variety of calibrations, extensive real time and stored datalogging capabilities.

Here's the dyno result for the MT Civic we just tested. This calibration is included with FlashPro. Bottom line stock, low octane fuel ~ 87. Top line FlashPro tune with California 91 octane.

17_civic_mt_stock_87_octane_vs_reflashed_with_91_octane.gif
any hope for 2.0?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
My post was deleted ?!

I asked about CVT. How CVT will hold increased torque ?
All measures/boost was conducted for MT, but on a market there are <5% of MT owners.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My post was deleted ?!

All measures/boost was conducted for MT, but on a market there are <5% of MT owners.
Good question. I suspect not very well. Power transfer in a CVT is not that different from a 21 speed bicycle - it all goes through a belt/chain. I believe that's the weak link.

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
My post was deleted ?!

I believe Hondata tested and developed this FlashPro mostly on a CVT equipped 1.5T Civic. I know they finalized the M/T tune with our 2017 Civic 1.5 turbo M/T shop car. The CVT handles the reflash fine. Here are some graphs and power figures for the M/T and CVT.

Civic M/T high octane (California 91 gas) plus 7 psi more boost, +23 HP and +50 lb-ft torque:

Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro release date and specifications 17_civic_mt_stock_87_octane_vs_reflashed_with_91_octane

Civic CVT high octane (California 91 gas) plus 6 psi more boost
, +25 HP and +35 lb-ft torque:

Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro release date and specifications 17_civic_cvt_stock_87_oct_vs_91_octane_plus_6_ps

Last edited:

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic Si HFP, 2017 Golf R
Guys,
For reference, that's the same power I'm making on my FlashPro'd 2.0NA Si with CAI, Catless header, and Q300 exhaust when I run 92-93 octane but the TQ number kills me by 90 down to 40. This is pretty awesome and amazing!

Question for @Hondata - is the engine management suitable for Flex Fuel? If not, will the stock components support an E85 map? I suppose the question is really how much more room is there in the injection system the car comes with?
Just curious. I would expect to see another 40hp from an E85 tune if the exhaust can flow it.
Your 8th gen only picked up 15hp from full bolt on? Should be making 220-230hp. You realize these are HP numbers right not WHP.

Also nice work Hondata. Looks great for a 1.5L. That tuned 91oct power is right in line with what the Si should be.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Your 8th gen only picked up 15hp from full bolt on? Should be making 220-230hp. You realize these are HP numbers right not WHP.

Also nice work Hondata. Looks great for a 1.5L. That tuned 91oct power is right in line with what the Si should be.
Ah ok. Yeah I'm talking whp. I'm dyno tuned at IMW in Carlisle and they use...¿Dynapak? I forget. The one that bolts on to the whee hub in place of the wheels. So I don't know what my 'stock' numbers were but I'd guess 180.
I assumed Hondata was taking whp also.

P4Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R Sonic Gray, 2018 Honda Accord EX-l 2.0 Turbo, 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 1965 GMC Pickup, 2009 KTM Enduro 690R
I believe Hondata tested and developed this FlashPro mostly on a CVT equipped 1.5T Civic. I know they finalized the M/T tune with our 2017 Civic 1.5 turbo M/T shop car. The CVT handles the reflash fine. Here are some graphs and power figures for the M/T and CVT.

Civic M/T high octane (California 91 gas) plus 7 psi more boost, +23 HP and +50 lb-ft torque:

Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro release date and specifications 17_civic_mt_stock_87_octane_vs_reflashed_with_91_octane

Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro release date and specifications 17_civic_cvt_stock_87_oct_vs_91_octane_plus_6_ps
Will the Sport CVT have a higher torque figure available since it will hold the specific gear it is in like a manual transmission. Or can you adjust the torque paramaters????

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring

Thanks for response ! I'd love to see any official mentioning from Hondata as well. I know that conducting accurate dyno on CVT not possible, but I'm not worried about it. I'm worried how CVT will digest it in a long run. Complicated question, but as a owner a have to ask ;) At the same time there is no concern that boost will be the same as with MT (minus loss on drivetrain, where I'm OK.)

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
May I remind everyone that this flash is not street legal.

The real question still remains-- Can Honda create similar numbers AND meet the EPAs regs?

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
May I remind everyone that this flash is not street legal.

The real question still remains-- Can Honda create similar numbers AND meet the EPAs regs?
LMAO, are you for real?

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
I live in South Dakota. I don't need cats or mufflers or o2 sensors. Nothing. They don't help anything on our cars.

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
LMAO, are you for real?
It stands to reason if Hondata could have easily made it street legal, they would have. They've done it with other flashes.

You have a better explanation? Or just more smartass comments?
Sponsored