Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I believe it's something to do with the way one plugs in their Hondata to the OBDII port. When I've inserted a bit wonky where not all pins make contact right away the EPS light flashes for a few seconds then goes away. However, if I'm careful and plug it in evenly with both hands then all the pins contact right away, and EPS light doesn't flash :)
Sponsored

ostudent

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
18+ Civic Type R Running Hondata HFC tune. I have the same issue the EPS light flashing randomly. Flashpro running the newest ver. @Hondata

VolumeKnobFTW

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
18+ Civic Type R Running Hondata HFC tune. I have the same issue the EPS light flashing randomly. Flashpro running the newest ver. @Hondata
I have a 2019 Si, ordered my FlashPro Monday. Came in today and I installed it. Selected the +9 psi sport mode tune and it did a good first pull then hit a brick wall. Now it won’t rev past ~5200. I would assume being so new mine has been updated but I will check and make sure.

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@CanadiaegeanBlue, @boosted180sx, @donald.durand, @[URL='https://www.civicx.com/members/nikkoph.30169/']NikkoPH[/URL] too

The flashing EPS light is caused by the FlashPros putting the EPS into service mode. It only affects some FlashPros and depends on the exact resistance values in the FlashPro which is why it is somewhat random. The good news is that it is easy to fix from our end with a resistor change.

If you have this exact problem then please contact [email protected] with your name, address and phone so that we can issue a shipping label and you can send the FlashPro to us. You don't need to unlock the FlashPro.

Last edited:

NikkoPH

First Name
Nikko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2016 Honda Pilot Touring
Country flag
This happens to mine if the connection to the OBD2 is wobbly, i just firm it up a little bit and the EPS light is gone. Hope yours can be fixed by this

Amedina801

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si 1.5T
Country flag
The MT boost problem fix will be released tomorrow. The work around in the meantime is to switch on cruise control main.

When the cruuse main is off the Rpm gages go crazy (1k to 6k then back to 1k) while driving but the car maintains normal rpms. Once I push the cruuse button the gages read true. Is this a function I can fix on Hondata software?

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
We'll look into this. Are you able to plug your FlashPro into another 10th gen Civic to test?
I know this has been a long time ago but i have had the same issue but what i noticed is you have to connect to the ob2 port before starting the car. Helped for me
Sponsored