Flashpro makes eps light flash when connected to car

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So normally I leave my flashpro in my car so I can have the Hondata app on when I’m driving around. But what I’ve been noticing is when I go to plug the flashpro into my obd2 port in my car it makes the EPS light flash in my gauge cluster and I can’t connect through Bluetooth to the flashpro. Sometimes it makes my radio go wonky also.

I have to restart the car to get it to work and sometimes it takes a few tries for it to figure itself out. Is it me just doing something wrong or is it the flashpro itself? Does anyone else have this issue? I have 17 sport hatch (Canadian model) if it matters.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FK7_

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
FK7_

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We'll look into this. Are you able to plug your FlashPro into another 10th gen Civic to test?
Thank you. I live in a small town so hard to find another person near me with a 10gen.

OP
OP
FK7_

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Hondata I’ve stemmed the problem down to it happening when I leave my flashpro plugged in for consecutive days. Is it a bug or is it just how the hardware works that I should be unplugging the flashpro every time I turn my car off? Brake hold warnings and e brake warning go off now aswell as the eps until I restart the car.

Spunkster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR, 2x 98 ITR's, 88 Integra, 06 RSX Type S
Country flag
@Hondata I’ve stemmed the problem down to it happening when I leave my flashpro plugged in for consecutive days. Is it a bug or is it just how the hardware works that I should be unplugging the flashpro every time I turn my car off? Brake hold warnings and e brake warning go off now aswell as the eps until I restart the car.
From Help, About, what version of software are you using?

OP
OP
FK7_

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From Help, About, what version of software are you using?
version 2.8.8.0 from Jan 29. There is a recent update from yesterday that I have not yet updated to.

Spunkster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR, 2x 98 ITR's, 88 Integra, 06 RSX Type S
Country flag
version 2.8.8.0 from Jan 29. There is a recent update from yesterday that I have not yet updated to.
Can you post your calibration or email it to support <at> hondata.com with a link to this thread?

integraguy04

First Name
Kyle Multz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Integra, 2018 Civic 5DR HB Sport
Country flag
@Hondata I have this same issue.
2018 Civic Sport hatch

Last edited:

kalvin126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I read your other post where you said you replaced your car battery. I would advise against leaving anything plugged into the OBD2 port when the car is off. the OBD2 port is always giving off power so any device plugged into it will drain your battery.

OP
OP
FK7_

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I read your other post where you said you replaced your car battery. I would advise against leaving anything plugged into the OBD2 port when the car is off. the OBD2 port is always giving off power so any device plugged into it will drain your battery.
Never once replaced my battery. You must be mistaken with someone else.

OP
OP
FK7_

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
I had a similar problem a while back when going down the highway and hit the cruise control and bam, lights everywhere, reflash and clear codes, back on the highway and bam, cruise control same thing. It's a custom tune so I went into FP made a minor change, uploaded it and it didn't happen again, go and change it back to the way it was and, problem disappeared.

MT_FK7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WOP Hatch
Country flag
I have a 17 lx hatch with similar symptoms. If I plug in or unplug my flashpro with the car running I usually get the power steering light.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Mine does this as well.
Sponsored