FlashPro Help!

ByeVTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
Country flag
Here's is what I sent to Hondata just moments ago:

I recently picked up a FlashPro for my si and have ran into some issues since flashing it. I uploaded the +6 psi w/ fts calibration on Friday without issues. Now, ever since flashing it, I get the attached image on my dash whenever plugging the FlashPro in by itself (NOT connected to a computer). Also, when plugged into my computer and vehicle, FlashPro Manager does not detect an OBDII or ECU connection. Every now and then I get it to detect, but it sometimes randomly goes away. I'd just like to note that that all software is up to date.

Now I am at the point where I just want to return it to stock, but am afraid to do so since the connection might get interrupted during the flash. I am also slightly worried that the flash somehow got messed up, because in normal mode during WOT, it builds boost but then drops down to 10 psi and doesn't really go over that. And unfortunately with my situation of the FlashPro not detecting the ECU, I am unable to datalog to make sure everything is running smoothly.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before?
Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro Help! FlashPro Problem
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Paging @Hondata

I'd contact them directly if you have not already.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Thank you! I shot them this as an email (plus the additional info they'd need).
your car won't start if the flash got corrupted. if that does happen, you just have to go into recovery mode to return back to stock map
Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro Help! upload_2017-11-19_22-55-53-

you need to uncheck this if you dont want normal mode to have stock boost

did you do the usb 3.0 firmware upgrade on the flashpro?

OP
OP
ByeVTEC

ByeVTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
Country flag
your car won't start if the flash got corrupted

upload_2017-11-19_22-55-53-png.png

you need to uncheck this if you dont want normal mode to have stock boost

did you do the usb 3.0 firmware upgrade on the flashpro?

I kept it checked since I wanted the two different maps on the fly. The only reason I mentioned the normal mode was because it doesn’t feel like it did before the flash. Now, on WOT, it builds boost up at first, but then it goes down to 10-12psi throughout the rev range after about 4K rpms. This isn’t the case with sport mode, it seems as though it’s running the way it should.

Yeah, it made me do the firmware update on the FlashPro as soon as I plugged it in the first time.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I kept it checked since I wanted the two different maps on the fly. The only reason I mentioned the normal mode was because it doesn’t feel like it did before the flash. Now, on WOT, it builds boost up at first, but then it goes down to 10-12psi throughout the rev range after about 4K rpms. This isn’t the case with sport mode, it seems as though it’s running the way it should.

Yeah, it made me do the firmware update on the FlashPro as soon as I plugged it in the first time.
what firmware is it on? is the boot loader version 8?

OP
OP
ByeVTEC

ByeVTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
Country flag
Problem solved! So I would randomly try plugging the FlashPro into the vehicle, and at random times it would connect. So, thinking it was a connection issue, I started moving around all the cables. The only one that made a difference was the OBDII cable where it entered the unit. I then opened up the FlashPro to see if there was anything I could do, and found the cable was only half plugged in to the unit. So just like that, problem solved!

Thank you everyone who tried to help. I'd also like to give a shout-out to ProCivic for PM'ing me to check in on how things were going, even when the product was not purchased from them.

Now time to enjoy this +6 psi:)

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Problem solved! So I would randomly try plugging the FlashPro into the vehicle, and at random times it would connect. So, thinking it was a connection issue, I started moving around all the cables. The only one that made a difference was the OBDII cable where it entered the unit. I then opened up the FlashPro to see if there was anything I could do, and found the cable was only half plugged in to the unit. So just like that, problem solved!

Thank you everyone who tried to help. I'd also like to give a shout-out to ProCivic for PM'ing me to check in on how things were going, even when the product was not purchased from them.

Now time to enjoy this +6 psi:)
if your scroll down down couple of threads. I made a guide on how to run 24psi
Sponsored