ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Ok gotta say that this software is not very intuitive.
I have 93oct w traction control.
I want to add from mods:
Disable rev hang
Improved throttle response with full power 1st and 2nd gear.

I was able to get start in +R to work.

I tick off the boxes and then what?
What is upload? What is download?

Ugh!
Sponsored

Last edited:

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Ok gotta say that this software is not very intuitive.
I have 93oct w traction control.
I want to add from mods:
Disable rev hang
Improved throttle response with full power 1st and 2nd gear.

I was able to get start in +R to work.

I tick off the boxes and then what?
What is upload? What is download?

Ugh!
Hit upload or hit the up arrow key at the top of the screen towards the left side to upload the currently open tune to the ECM.

OP
OP
ExVTEC

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I did that. What I don't get is there's nothing indicating that I did it right. Like I said I see the +R on start up is correct but the car feels the same. Rev hang still there, nothing noticeable with full power on 1st and 2nd gear. When I open flashpro everything that I previously checked off (rev hang, etc) is empty. My logic tells me that if I check those features when I open flashpro they should still be checked off to show those are the current mods.

Hit upload or hit the up arrow key at the top of the screen towards the left side to upload the currently open tune to the ECM.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
what are you having issues with?
this software is pretty easy to use.

if you check the boxes on the mods, it'll automatically be applied to the calibration you have currently opened.

OP
OP
ExVTEC

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Trying to understand this.
I open flashpro
In order to get the mods tab to open I have to select New Calibration, correct? If I don't do this the mods tab doesn't appear.
I select mods then hit the up arrow
This then uploads the selected mods/calibration to the ecu?
If I re open flashpro why doesn't it show my most recent upload? I see nothing confirming what I previously uploaded (mods). Any mods I previously selected are now blank. I can tell the start in +R is working because I can see it. The full power in 1 and 2 gear, the rev hang still feel the same. So how do I know it worked if there's no visual confirmation on the software side?

what are you having issues with?
this software is pretty easy to use.

if you check the boxes on the mods, it'll automatically be applied to the calibration you have currently opened.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
after you load the flash pro, you have to open a calibration. (either new calibration or open a previously saved calibration)
Click the mod section and check the mods you want. Should see a load bar for a split sec saying updating. Click Close.
The mods you clicked are now applied to the calibration you have opened.

Now, save the calibration to your computer. plug the flash pro to your laptop and to your obd2 port. Turn the car to the ON position and then click the up arrow. You will see a bar that it's uploading the calibration to the ECU.

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
Flashpro just allows you to create and edit calibrations on the computer. Any time you want to make changes to the calibration (like changing options in the mod menu) you will need to upload it to car so that calibration is running on the car. When you open the Flashpro program, no calibration is open. If you click on 'new calibration' you are creating a new calibration on your computer which has nothing to do with what's loaded on your car. If you want to edit the calibration on your car, you can save it to your computer when you upload it, or use the download option in Flashpro. When a calibration is flashed to the car, you should see the tachometer acting as a progress gauge as the calibration is loaded to the car.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
after you load the flash pro, you have to open a calibration. (either new calibration or open a previously saved calibration)
Click the mod section and check the mods you want. Should see a load bar for a split sec saying updating. Click Close.
The mods you clicked are now applied to the calibration you have opened.

Now, save the calibration to your computer. plug the flash pro to your laptop and to your obd2 port. Turn the car to the ON position and then click the up arrow. You will see a bar that it's uploading the calibration to the ECU.
This :agree:

@ExVTEC and of course, wait until it's completed as you will see it progress on that bar mentioned by boosted

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
With the boxes checked and the calibration uploaded to the flash pro they should be there. The only thing I know of that unchecks itself is the improved throttle options once you edit any of the torque Target tables. In that case you don't click it again or it will just set your tables right back to what they were originally. Also if you have your calibration open there is a button on the top "modifications" that will bring those options right up.

OhioFK8

First Name
Chamrong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type r, 2004 Honda Element
Country flag
I might be able to help you. Where at in Ohio are you located?

OhioFK8

First Name
Chamrong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type r, 2004 Honda Element
Country flag
West Cleveland area

Oh gotcha. About 2-3 hrs away. I might be able to help walk you through it? How did you get it to start in +R mode by default? I didn’t see that tab/option

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Oh gotcha. About 2-3 hrs away. I might be able to help walk you through it? How did you get it to start in +R mode by default? I didn’t see that tab/option
Honda Civic 10th gen Flashpro for dummies (me) 5C96C5C5-112A-4608-B560-E334D93BE6C5

Honda Civic 10th gen Flashpro for dummies (me) F8F38896-68B9-4B71-A3D5-8BADE77BCD38

CDNTyper

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 1999 turbo EK
Country flag
I’m sure you’ve figured it out by now.. but after editing the already tweeked cal you’ve chosen. You need to save it. Rename it something easy to find. I use dates.

Once saved. Upload to your car. If your not sure how, YouTube has a million videos on it. You’ll know when it’s doing it. It pretty obvious. I would have your battery on a charger while you do it incase you run low on voltage and brick the ecu. Seen it happen.

Run the closest calibration for your mods. But find a tuner in your area once your done your upgrades and have it tuned. These are just generic rich calibrations. Don’t expect the world out of them.