FlashPro for CTR tuning results

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
If you're getting knock on 91, you could mix 2-3 gallons of E85 and see if that reduces your knock numbers.
Sponsored

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If you're getting knock on 91, you could mix 2-3 gallons of E85 and see if that reduces your knock numbers.
I run 93. I don't get much KR at all with my own knock sensitivity settings. I only got some when I tried to use a basemap

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's not actual knock, KR just pulls ignition timing to prevent actual knock. The knock sensor is super sensitive and my car is pretty loud and bassy so it picks up random crap. Cylinder 3 and 4 are the most sensitive it seems.

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
This year due to Covid and people not driving, the EPA sent out a memo allowing winter blend to be sold longer than usual since there was a surplus of it. But being well into June they should have switched over by now.

I went to the 3 nearest shops that advertised carrying race fuel but none of them had any since tracks have been closed. Reflashed my own tune before heading out and short term fuel trims looked much more stable, though AFR would still get up to +\- .50 of command. KR didn't show up other than a brief moment after letting off the throttle or a quick jab of throttle. I'm more concerned with the AFR than I am KR. I'll just have to keep an eye on it I guess
I did not get the memo... They make more money off summer gas than they do winter so there might be an incentive to switch if theyā€™re good at managing their business.

In terms of a closed-loop control system, oscillation means unstable. The O2 sensors are barely a sensor with that transfer function so... some oscillating is expected. Iā€˜ve wondered how the lower catalyst protect temperature could affect the control loop on the base maps.

Maybe Iā€™m blind but I donā€™t see the DI fuel pump CMD on your log.

Edit: I found the memo . It just extends the May 1st switch over date to May 20th.

Last edited:

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's not actual knock, KR just pulls ignition timing to prevent actual knock. The knock sensor is super sensitive and my car is pretty loud and bassy so it picks up random crap. Cylinder 3 and 4 are the most sensitive it seems.
Cylinder 1 seems to be the most sensitive for me. I picked up some Dykem to hopefully figure out what is making the noise.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't really pay attention to DIFP command since at WOT it's always 2900 or whatever the max is.

Cylinder 3-4 are closest to the throttle body so that's my only guess as to why KR seems more likely to show up there.

Any idea where the actual knock sensor is?

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't really pay attention to DIFP command since at WOT it's always 2900 or whatever the max is.

Cylinder 3-4 are closest to the throttle body so that's my only guess as to why KR seems more likely to show up there.

Any idea where the actual knock sensor is?
I haven't seen it in person yet. In the manual, it looks like its on the intake side of the block in the middle of cylinder 3 and 4, which would explain what you're seeing.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
made the switch,never made over 345whp,370wtq sae on 91oct,hvi,dp,fp,fmic,charge pipe,meth stock exhaust

now 365whp/385wtq sae same bolton on hondata and wow the car feel more stronger,spool faster!!

no regrats and the traction control!!

thanks to precisionautocanada

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
made the switch,never made over 345whp,370wtq sae on 91oct,hvi,dp,fp,fmic,charge pipe,meth stock exhaust

now 365whp/385wtq sae same bolton on hondata and wow the car feel more stronger,spool faster!!

no regrats and the traction control!!

thanks to precisionautocanada
What's your meth setup?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Question: I was attempting to look in the torque tables to understand the difference between the increased throttle sensitivity options and the standard throttle mapping, and I was surprised to note that the standard throttle maps had higher torque values for the same TPS command levels. Just for my knowledge, can someone please explain how that works?

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Direct quote from Hondata on their forums

I don't know if this is due to gas stations still carrying winter blend due to covid, but i've noticed my AFR and short term fuel trims have been caddy wompus in 4th gear and above lately

I even uploaded a basemap and got the same result.

I haven't changed anything inside the engine bay since early January. Looking at logs from earlier to mid May fueling looked fine.

When I ran the basemap today I would get a ton of knock retard 5k rpm and up from 4-6 on all cylinders. Previously on my own tune I had increased the knock sensitivity values by a large margin 5k RPM and up and reduced the knock step to -.75 from -2.25. Seems to me fuel quality is still crap. This is all on a 93 dp\ic tune. There isn't really anywhere around me to get some 100 octane to try and mix in the tank to see if it prevents this. Not quite sure what to do other than wait for fuel to switch to the summer blend. Any idea, @Hondata
Not to long after replying to you it happened to me too. My winter tune was running perfect until it heated up. Even after street tuning my car I get this behavior randomly. I already discarded one gas station. I have 3 more to try.

Last edited:

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
Now this is interesting because I thought I might have put 91 octane instead of 94 while running my Hondata 93 tune.

Car was deff running off, decreased performance almost throughout all gears. Even the exhaust was much quieter.

Im still waiting on hondata to review those logs but recently threw in a fresh tank of 94 and disconnected the battery to reset the fuel. Car runs much better! Hopefully it lasts and I also tried a different gas station.

Honda_Elite

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru STI (Sold) / 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I am currently in the process of E-Tuning, and I have run into an A/F ratio oscillation issue.

I'll attach a graph showing the inconsistency in A/F Ratio and also a datalog of a pull.

My mods are: PRL HVI / PRL inlet pipes / PRL Charge Pipes / RV6 Catted DP / RV6 Front Pipe / J's Exhaust

I've had the car leak tested and there is not a boost leak. I've uploaded the tunes provided from the tuner and I've uploaded hondata base maps and still get the same results.

Has any one else experienced this? Hoping to find a solution.

Thank you!

@Hondata

Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro for CTR tuning results Ricky_AFROscillatio

Preview attachment Test pull 3 6-16.fpdl
Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro for CTR tuning results Ricky_AFROscillatio
Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro for CTR tuning results octet-stream
Test pull 3 6-16.fpdl
98 KB

Last edited: