Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Sounds like the sensors are picking up some external noise.
Yeah, that was my theory but it's just so strange how one day it will be 100% reproducible and the next it happens randomly, without changing gas or ambient temps or anything. And I can't find anything to tighten down.
Sponsored

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Finally flashed yesterday. Had little to no time to setup and learn anything (lots going on)

drove this morning felt good. Only got on it it twice. I want more power so more mods soon.

is it safe I saw 27psi in 3rd?

I have lots and lots to learn
That's pretty normal when the ambient temperature is higher

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
@Hondata what's up with the stock Honda tune and basemap rev limits? The tach indicates 7000rpm, but it will never get there for me, especially in lower gears. You guys have raised rev limit parameters, but they are high- like 7200 plus. Is the factory limit like 6700 or 6800, or is the factory rev meter just really slow to react? I'm leaving my rev limits alone and as-stock. Just really curious.

Thanks much in advance.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Factory limit is 7000 rpm. Tach is electronic and should keep up. I've never noticed it being under 7000 rpm, but then I avoid hitting the rev limiter because it is not good for the engine.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@Hondata what's up with the stock Honda tune and basemap rev limits? The tach indicates 7000rpm, but it will never get there for me, especially in lower gears. You guys have raised rev limit parameters, but they are high- like 7200 plus. Is the factory limit like 6700 or 6800, or is the factory rev meter just really slow to react? I'm leaving my rev limits alone and as-stock. Just really curious.

Thanks much in advance.
Yeah mine pretty much never went to 7k which was annoying. I've had the Rev limit set to 7,200 for awhile. I still shift at 7, just that seems to be the only way to get the car up there, with it set at 7k shifts would get messed up as it hit the cutoff well below 7k not anticipating it to do that. You can even see it in data logs. I do my best to shift right at 7k though times I do go over. 4P states the fuel pump and valvetrain will sustain damage at/above 7.3k

Last edited:

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
Yeah mine pretty much never went to 7k which was annoying. I've had the Rev limit set to 7,200 for awhile. I still shift at 7, just that seems to be the only way to get the car up there, with it set at 7k shifts would get messed up as it hit the cutoff well below 7k not anticipating it to do that. You can even see it in data logs. I do my best to shift right at 7k though times I do go over. 4P states the fuel pump and valvetrain will sustain damage at/above 7.3k
Not really sure what to do other continuing to short shift a bit above 6500rpm.

It’s the only car I’ve owned in over 30 years of driving that hits the rev limiter before indicated redline.

Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro for CTR tuning results D02A7CC5-3238-48F2-9A87-BF614553DF1D

Lie fixer pic.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not really sure what to do other continuing to short shift a bit above 6500rpm.

It’s the only car I’ve owned in over 30 years of driving that hits the rev limiter before indicated redline.

D02A7CC5-3238-48F2-9A87-BF614553DF1D.jpeg

Lie fixer pic.
Lmao, just cover the last couple hundred RPM with a post it note.

If you have the dashboard hondata app or are good at picking up/reacting to the flashing shift indicator just set the redline to 7,200. Without it that flashing red light will go off and then instantly red line lol.

1st and 2nd gear with the stock tune/or basemap redline would always cut at like 6850. At first I was pretty weary about using the 7,200 red line since of the warning in flashpro, but saw other people have been using it without issue and the warning is more to cover liability.

Ultimately the decision is up to you of course

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Should AFM maximum Voltage be checked?

I could of sworn I had that unchecked before doing some adjustments