FlashPro for CTR tuning results

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but there is zero difference between full power 1 and 2 gear vs dampened. I can't even tell if disable revhang is working. I don't notice any difference lol.
WOT in comfort mode with to see the difference between dampened and full more as In comfort, vsa is a lot more aggressive in terms of traction control.
Sponsored

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
for those of you who tracks with hondata connected, how did you secure the hondata and route the cables?
i'm thinking just taping it in place with some gaffer tape
The Civic already has a perfect place to stow the FlashPro. I do not have a photo of my setup but here’s a diagram. Green is the FP unit, yellow is the cable routed inside the center console (I routed the cable when I was installing my Hybrid Racing short shifter). But even without routing the cable inside the console, it’s still an excellent place to put the FlashPro, it just fits there perfectly.

Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro for CTR tuning results 2DC70984-FFEE-4C8C-B515-C7D0ED6D4B99

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
The Civic already has a perfect place to stow the FlashPro. I do not have a photo of my setup but here’s a diagram. Green is the FP unit, yellow is the cable routed inside the center console (I routed the cable when I was installing my Hybrid Racing short shifter). But even without routing the cable inside the console, it’s still an excellent place to put the FlashPro, it just fits there perfectly.

2DC70984-FFEE-4C8C-B515-C7D0ED6D4B99.jpeg
this is exactly where i have mine. Been sitting there for the past year and half lol. I didn't route the cable but i did put some mounting clip things that came with my dash cam that i didnt use to clip on the wires.
you can kind of see it here in an older pic of my interior.
Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro for CTR tuning results BhbOXCR

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't worry if the wastegate closes on spool up. It is at high rpm that indicates you are going to overspeed the turbo. This is not going to happen unless you are high octane fuel and are trying to make a lot of boost on a stock turbo.

As pointed out knock1-4 is what to look at.

alpinefd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
this is exactly where i have mine. Been sitting there for the past year and half lol. I didn't route the cable but i did put some mounting clip things that came with my dash cam that i didnt use to clip on the wires.
you can kind of see it here in an older pic of my interior.
BhbOXCR.jpg
good spot !
the only issue i see with this is I might hit the datalog button and forgets to shut it off.
it seems the datalog will keep going even with ignition off, unless you push the datalog button.

is there anyway to set the datalog to start/stop automatically based on condition? like rpm>### etc.

is there anyway to trigger the datalog from another device? i wonder if the hondata ios app can trigger the internal logger on flashpro?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
good spot !
the only issue i see with this is I might hit the datalog button and forgets to shut it off.
it seems the datalog will keep going even with ignition off, unless you push the datalog button.

is there anyway to set the datalog to start/stop automatically based on condition? like rpm>### etc.

is there anyway to trigger the datalog from another device? i wonder if the hondata ios app can trigger the internal logger on flashpro?
i usually don't forget so it hasn't really been an issue.
I have forgotten at times though. It sometimes shuts off with ignition and sometimes keep going. Idk what is the actual trigger.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
With mine it seems to shut off with the ignition, and will sometimes pick it back up when I start the car. I don't have a garage so I never leave mine in the car unless I'm going to be back out to drive again soon. But most times in that situation I bring it inside to pull logs and tweak the tune. Much easier to me with a real mechanical keyboard and a mouse than doing it on the laptop. I don't leave my flashpro, radar detector, or wheel lock key in the car..... Though I usually leave my tools which are worth more than all of those. Tools come out over the weekend or if I'm doing some hard driving. Weight reduction! Lol plus not having a bunch of stuff sliding all around in the back.

IHadToRun

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
Hi, just went through some of my datalogs and noticed cylinder 2 had 8° of K Retard on it. Could this be related to a coil pack issue?

alpinefd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Hi, just went through some of my datalogs and noticed cylinder 2 had 8° of K Retard on it. Could this be related to a coil pack issue?
i'm guessing it has to do with the 91 octane gas we have out here
I'll probably try turning down the boost abit
it seems the ignition is quite retarded already

or it could be a noise issue i guess, how accurate is the knock retard on the bosch ecu?

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Probably poor fuel quality. All of February I had issues with getting KR on a calibration with ignition values I had been using for months beforehand. I know a couple of members had the same issue. I had to lower 150-170% air charge values by 1.50 and 190-230 by .75 below the 93 base map. Right now I can run the base map values again. Waiting a little bit to start advancing them again.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I've recently been dealing with the same shit. I don't know what's going on, but I have some gremlin moving from cylinder to cylinder randomly causing 4-12 degrees of KR at low RPMs. One day it's fine. The next day, I can make it kick up the knock retard by just lightly tapping the throttle in my driveway.. every.. single.. time.

I'm in Florida on 93 so I doubt there's a 'winter blend' of fuel, and that would cause issues across all cylinders anyways.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I've recently been dealing with the same shit. I don't know what's going on, but I have some gremlin moving from cylinder to cylinder randomly causing 4-12 degrees of KR at low RPMs. One day it's fine. The next day, I can make it kick up the knock retard by just lightly tapping the throttle in my driveway.. every.. single.. time.

I'm in Florida on 93 so I doubt there's a 'winter blend' of fuel, and that would cause issues across all cylinders anyways.
Which city of Florida are you located ?

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag

Sounds like the sensors are picking up some external noise.

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Finally flashed yesterday. Had little to no time to setup and learn anything (lots going on)

drove this morning felt good. Only got on it it twice. I want more power so more mods soon.

is it safe I saw 27psi in 3rd?

I have lots and lots to learn
Sponsored