FlashPro for CTR tuning results

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
wastegate position and boost commanded at 0% tps question

just flashed the car today with flashpro, 91 octane base map to start with, everything went well.

reviewing the initial log, I have a question about wastegate position and boost commanded at 0% tps question

the hondata technical notes says to monitor wg actual and do not let it goto 0mm, but reviewing my log, i'm seeing scenarios where it's getting very close to 0mm, it seems this is caused by high BPCMD at low TPS input.

my question is should I be concerned?
why is it commanding so much boost even at 0% tps? there is no torque demand at 0% tps
is this to help with spool?
when should we monitor for the wg position? only in full throttle condition?

check out this log here
0% tps, map -21.6psi, bpcmd 20.3psi, wg position 0.56mm
upload_2020-3-14_15-1-18.png

a few moments later
44% tps, map -2.7psi, bpcmd 20.3psi, wg 0.25mm
upload_2020-3-14_15-8-27.png
As long as the wg position doesn't peg 0 for an extended period of time you should be ok. I saw 0 one time when I first turned on the egr disabled to run more boost up top and hit 28-29 psi and the turbo was maxed out and just making a bunch of heat at that point and pulled some air charge out of it.
Sponsored

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
Just wanted to say, if anyone in here was wondering if it's worth flashing to a basemap even with no bolt-ons currently.. it's worth it.

The difference in third gear alone is wonderful. Can't wait to get more done to the car.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Just curious: why is it that the power only comes in strong in 3rd gear, even when I have the full power in gears 1-6, increased throttle sensitivity option selected? When I had Hondata on my 17 SI, it pulled similarly very hard starting in 2nd rather than 3rd. I'd prefer to leave my traction needs to Hondata TC.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Full power 1st and 2nd would spin more than TC can help with. I ran full power for a while (I don't know why honestly) and then I went back to dampened first and second. Even with the reduced power, dampened still pulls faster than full power as the wheels aren't spinning no where near as much. To me only first gear really feels weaker, but ~10psi is still pretty effective for you to get going with no momentum.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Full power 1st and 2nd would spin more than TC can help with. I ran full power for a while (I don't know why honestly) and then I went back to dampened first and second. Even with the reduced power, dampened still pulls faster than full power as the wheels aren't spinning no where near as much. To me only first gear really feels weaker, but ~10psi is still pretty effective for you to get going with no momentum.
I guess I'm just surprised that the full power in 2nd option on the R has less low end punch than it felt like it did on my SI. If I were to guess, I would say that it feels like there's still some kind of dampening in place in 1st and 2nd even in the full power option, judging by how 3rd and up feel like a damn rocket.

alpinefd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
for those of you who tracks with hondata connected, how did you secure the hondata and route the cables?
i'm thinking just taping it in place with some gaffer tape

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I guess I'm just surprised that the full power in 2nd option on the R has less low end punch than it felt like it did on my SI. If I were to guess, I would say that it feels like there's still some kind of dampening in place in 1st and 2nd even in the full power option, judging by how 3rd and up feel like a damn rocket.
My biggest issue with the car.
The fun starts in 3rd gear and by then you're playing with fire. First and second gear need more oomph! I'm hoping a custom tune will help me with some of this. I prefer controlling the power with my foot!

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Wait so we can enable full power for 1st and 2nd gear? I had no idea We can ‘dampen’ it.

flashpro gets here soon so just trying to understand some things

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My biggest issue with the car.
The fun starts in 3rd gear and by then you're playing with fire. First and second gear need more oomph! I'm hoping a custom tune will help me with some of this. I prefer controlling the power with my foot!
My thoughts exactly: I want to control things with my foot. It stands to reason that if the car can be a rocket in 3rd, it can be a rocket in 2nd too (traction issues not withstanding).

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Wait so we can enable full power for 1st and 2nd gear? I had no idea We can ‘dampen’ it.

flashpro gets here soon so just trying to understand some things
I'm running it and it feels no different, 1st and 2nd gear are somewhat muted.

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I'm running it and it feels no different, 1st and 2nd gear are somewhat muted.
Go into the torque tables under r mode or whatever mode you drive around in and up the torque in 1st and 2nd to your liking. Do you have hondata traction control turned on in the tune?

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
With Hondata TC WOT from 3000 puts me at about 20-22 ish PSI until 4000 and then I get the full 26psi but it doesnt have the same oomph that 3rd gear does.

It just feels dead lol

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
IDK I've had much better results with the dampened 1st and 2nd. Full power 2nd gear requires a lot of throttle manipulation and you can never really put your foot down. I noticed the acceleration would always stall up past 50mph as the wheels just slip too much, even with TC.
With dampened throttle 2nd gear still pulls the same longitudinal g's as third does so it's not like it's weak. It just takes much less effort to get up to third gear than full power, and it still does it faster than full power. Smooth is fast, fast is smooth imo. I've tried and tested both and have had better results with having less boost in the first 2 gears. But to each their own.

Would be interesting to compare the two again this summer when the road surface is hot. We've already had several 70 plus afternoons and the car hooked much better than when it's freezing

Reactions: Tmy

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but there is zero difference between full power 1 and 2 gear vs dampened. I can't even tell if disable revhang is working. I don't notice any difference lol.

IDK I've had much better results with the dampened 1st and 2nd. Full power 2nd gear requires a lot of throttle manipulation and you can never really put your foot down. I noticed the acceleration would always stall up past 50mph as the wheels just slip too much, even with TC.
With dampened throttle 2nd gear still pulls the same longitudinal g's as third does so it's not like it's weak. It just takes much less effort to get up to third gear than full power, and it still does it faster than full power. Smooth is fast, fast is smooth imo. I've tried and tested both and have had better results with having less boost in the first 2 gears. But to each their own.

Would be interesting to compare the two again this summer when the road surface is hot. We've already had several 70 plus afternoons and the car hooked much better than when it's freezing

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but there is zero difference between full power 1 and 2 gear vs dampened. I can't even tell if disable revhang is working. I don't notice any difference lol.
Lol yeah with Rev hang disabled it still doesn't drop as fast as I'd like, but at this point I'm pretty sure it's due to the flywheel.

I can definitely tell a difference between full power and not. Full power will give me full boost/same as 3rd up and dampened will only go up to about 20. Plus there's a ton ton more wheelspin with vsa fully disabled on full power With it still on it will cut throttle and boost and give that jerky feeling.
Sponsored