IHadToRun

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
True though changing the temp table will have more of an effect on BP but not necessarily power. My third gear tourque Target at it's highest 495nm, while my 4th gear is 530nm. To avoid maxing out fuel in the mid range I've got to start at a low target and then gradually increase to the top, if it maxes at any point, usually within 4-6k I have to go back and lower those sections until it works. 3rd gear for me is a giant pain as it's really easy to Max out on mine. 4k-5.5 I have a bit lower than the base values, and barely an increase from 6-7k. This happened after getting a bigger cold side charge pipe.
Whilehe MAP and air charge are very similar, I actually get less boost in 4th gear. The top end of the Rev range doesn't tax the fuel system as much, so there's a little bit of room to add a little boost. I've found it's easier to close the gap just with a slight increase of the temperature ratio instead of a higher torque request up top
Just double checking, it’s totally safe to apply this?
Sponsored

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Every little power increase you do to your engine brings it closer to danger, that's unavoidable. The question is how much closer.

Mostly anyone that touches the tunes on their car has EGT reduction disabled at this point without issue (other than running out of fuel). It's nowhere near as dangerous as, say, anti-lag or the 'disable pressure ratio tables' mod.. but it IS a safety feature you are disabling to let your engine push more air into the cylinders (air charge) even while it's shitting out hot air.

The most important thing you can do is take it slow and religiously datalog until you've seen it under many different conditions. You're likely going to run out of fuel and need to pull back some of your air charge limits - but even if you don't, it's not going to yeet a rod into the stratosphere.

Here's Hondata's actual thread about it

Last edited:

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I personally don't use it. I tried it when it was first released, then just went right back to my previous tune. I thought the consensus was that it was more for after market turbos as more boost on the stock one just pushes it past it's efficiency range where the temperature negates any increase in pressure. I'm sure there's a way to make it work with the stock turbo, I just saw it as unnecessary at the time. I will try it when I get the prl turbo

IHadToRun

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
Every little power increase you do to your engine brings it closer to danger, that's unavoidable. The question is how much closer.

Mostly anyone that touches the tunes on their car has EGT reduction disabled at this point without issue (other than running out of fuel). It's nowhere near as dangerous as, say, anti-lag or the 'disable pressure ratio tables' mod.. but it IS a safety feature you are disabling to let your engine push more air into the cylinders (air charge) even while it's shitting out hot air.

The most important thing you can do is take it slow and religiously datalog until you've seen it under many different conditions. You're likely going to run out of fuel and need to pull back some of your air charge limits - but even if you don't, it's not going to yeet a rod into the stratosphere.

Here's Hondata's actual thread about it
Thank you! I’m currently running the inter cooler and throttle response map with eventuri intake. Honestly didn’t notice much of a difference over the JB4 though the JB4 was just adding 2.5lbs of boost extra across all of it.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Idk if it's poor quality fuel or what, but the past couple weeks I haven't been able to even run the 93 base map ignition values without getting a ton of knock retard. My cars been running above those values almost 6 months with no problems. Now even if I lower EVERYTHING 4k-7k 150%-230% air charge a step I'll still get it. I've enriched my AFR (thanks to boosted) so it's not like I'm running lean. I'm about to set my car on fire! Lol
This is the area it usually shows up. 1-4th gear usually went fine, but as soon as I'm over 6k RPM in 5th it was guaranteed
Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro for CTR tuning results morningrun

Last edited:

alpinefd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
for the guys running 93 octane off the shelf map, what max fuelpump duty cycle are you seeing at full throttle runs?
just curious.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
for the guys running 93 octane off the shelf map, what max fuelpump duty cycle are you seeing at full throttle runs?
just curious.
100% at times. I’ve had to dial back ac and when that wasn’t enough lower the torque demand from throttle maps. Now my max will hit about 95% peak 1 out of 10 times in my logs, and it’s very very short lived.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
just curious.
You'll be seeing it damn near max out, 90-95%. We're all limited by the fuel pump.

alpinefd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
It sounds like the off the shelf tune 93 octane is already at the limit of the stock high pressure fuel pump

So I’m wondering these custom tunes that can achieve 30whp+ over the off the shelf tune
How are they able to achieve it ?

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It sounds like the off the shelf tune 93 octane is already at the limit of the stock high pressure fuel pump

So I’m wondering these custom tunes that can achieve 30whp+ over the off the shelf tune
How are they able to achieve it ?
Ignition timing

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Idk if it's poor quality fuel or what, but the past couple weeks I haven't been able to even run the 93 base map ignition values without getting a ton of knock retard. My cars been running above those values almost 6 months with no problems. Now even if I lower EVERYTHING 4k-7k 150%-230% air charge a step I'll still get it. I've enriched my AFR (thanks to boosted) so it's not like I'm running lean. I'm about to set my car on fire! Lol
This is the area it usually shows up. 1-4th gear usually went fine, but as soon as I'm over 6k RPM in 5th it was guaranteed
morningrun.jpg
The problem you are having is attributed to the winter blend gasoline. Wait till summer blend gasoline coming soon no later than June 1st.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The problem you are having is attributed to the winter blend gasoline. Wait till summer blend gasoline coming soon no later than June 1st.
Yeah it can't come soon enough. Yesterday I flashed back to the basemap values and didn't get any KR finally. But I was really tired so I didn't drive too far or pull through 5th gear, where I'd get it the most. Might try later today

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
@Hondata The tuner that I've selected in my area is indicating that he wants to use the Disable EGT option. I currently have a stock engine and a high flow cat - is this option safe for someone like me, or is it only for built blocks and catless DP's?
Sponsored