Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The FlashPro CTR web page is now live. Ask your tuning questions here.

Friday March 30th 2pm Pacific Daylight Time we have an Instagram live broadcast where we will take your questions and discuss the gains of various bolt-ons.

FlashPro is much much more than just making power and torque. Hondata's central guiding principal is education. Our goal is to educate you with easy to use software, comprehensive datalogging, dyno days, well staffed tech support lines, and videos. That way you can make the best decisions for improving the performance of your car. This knowledge is worth hundreds, if not thousands of dollars.

FlashPro, along with our tuning expertise is the best bang for the buck for your Civic.

Lets start off with the lowest possible gains on a stock CTR with 91 octane.

Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro for CTR tuning results ctr_stock-vs-hondata-tune

The web site details a 93 octane tune, but for now we will jump straight to an E25 tune.

Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro for CTR tuning results ctr_stock-vs-hondata-E25_tune

There is more to come, but for now this is just the beginning.

Last edited:

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The FlashPro CTR web page is now live. Ask your tuning questions here.

Friday March 30th 2pm Pacific Standard Time we have an Instagram live broadcast where we will take your questions and discuss the gains of various bolt-ons.

FlashPro is much much more than just making power and torque. Hondata's central guiding principal is education. Our goal is to educate you with easy to use software, comprehensive datalogging, dyno days, well staffed tech support lines, and videos. That way you can make the best decisions for improving the performance of your car. This knowledge is worth hundreds, if not thousands of dollars.

FlashPro, along with our tuning expertise is the best bang for the buck for your Civic.

Lets start off with the lowest possible gains on a stock CTR with 91 octane.

ctr_stock-vs-hondata-tune.gif

The web site details a 93 octane tune, but for now we will jump straight to an E25 tune.

ctr_stock-vs-hondata-E25_tune.gif

There is more to come, but for now this is just the beginning.
So the E25 tune, are there any other supporting mods, or just E85?

Is the Instagram broadcast going to be recorded? I will be on the road tomorrow, family trip. Back on Saturday night. So, hopefully I can watch when I get back.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For the E25, what does "flex fuel sensors not software supported" mean?
The ECU does not compensate for differing amounts of ethanol using a sensor. You have to do this manually. We do plan to add sensor support as we can. Read the next post too...

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So the E25 tune, are there any other supporting mods, or just E85?
You can't run E85 on the CTR. The fuel pump is so close to the limit even with modest power increases you reach the pump limit, so E85 would give less power than a lower percentage blend. E25 is the best compromise we have found so far.

We'll do an article on the fuel pump as time permits.

Last edited:

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
whelp I just pulled the trigger & ordered a full flashpro & ecu jailbreak setup.. unfortunately it charged me twice. Becarful with that last button, I didn’t think my order went threw , but it did. Now my credit card has 2 charges. Hopefully Hondata can help take care of me.
Thanks

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Are you able to list release feature and then upcoming features that are in development or planned?

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
What’s hondatas suggestion for how much to insure the ECU for ? Is 500$ enough?

iforyou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2001 Honda S2000, 2007 Acura RDX
Country flag
I currently have a Flashpro on my 2007 RDX. Since I plan to sell that car in the near future, can I remove the current tune from that car, so that my Flashpro can be used on my CTR? Or is the Flashpro for the CTR is a different unit and so the one I have wouldn't be compatible anyway?

Also, I live in Canada. Is there ECU unlocking service here?

lhonda200

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1995 Integra Gsr, 2004 Jeep Liberty
Country flag
If we are running intercooler, intake, exhaust, dp/fp combo with the E25 tune. Will we run into issues with the fuel pump reaching its limit? Thanks!

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
whelp I just pulled the trigger & ordered a full flashpro & ecu jailbreak setup.. unfortunately it charged me twice. Becarful with that last button, I didn’t think my order went threw , but it did. Now my credit card has 2 charges. Hopefully Hondata can help take care of me.
Thanks
Yes, we will credit you for one of the charges. Only click the button once...

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What’s hondatas suggestion for how much to insure the ECU for ? Is 500$ enough?
If you are in the USA then don't worry. We will insure the ECU for replacement cost (FedEx will not pay out over that amount anyhow). The value was for Canadian customers.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I currently have a Flashpro on my 2007 RDX. Since I plan to sell that car in the near future, can I remove the current tune from that car, so that my Flashpro can be used on my CTR? Or is the Flashpro for the CTR is a different unit and so the one I have wouldn't be compatible anyway?

Also, I live in Canada. Is there ECU unlocking service here?
Sorry, the RDX and CTR require different FlashPros.
Yes, the Canadian ECU is the same as the US ECU so you can get the FlashPro / unlock service. See the above post about the insurance / customs value. The issue is that FedEx does not all the ECU to be insured for more than the customs value, which is not nice because the customs value should be 0 as the ECU is going into the US and then back out. So the best we can do is let the customer decide the customs/insurance value. It is helps the number of packages that get lost from FedEx is very small so don't get fixated on the insurance amount.

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
Can different tunes be setup for the different settings on the adaptive modes? Example: Comfort Mode is Stock power and driveability, then Sport Mode is the Stage 0 tune, and +R mode would be set to the Stage 1 tune. Thank you for your support, excited to hear other features and details!
Sponsored