FlashPro for CTR tuning results

alpinefd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
can the 100 octane tune be used with the stock fuel pump?
what's the FP duty cycle like?
is it safe for a track car?
Sponsored

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
can the 100 octane tune be used with the stock fuel pump?
what's the FP duty cycle like?
is it safe for a track car?
I don't see why not? It would probably be even better if it didn't have 10% ethanol. I only briefly compared the base map to the 93 one. Biggest difference I noticed was the top end ignition advance between 170-190% air charge was increased a good bit.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I don't see why not? It would probably be even better if it didn't have 10% ethanol. I only briefly compared the base map to the 93 one. Biggest difference I noticed was the top end ignition advance between 170-190% air charge was increased a good bit.
I have a thread comparing them all if you wanted to check it. Relatively speaking, the biggest differences in the 100 octane tune are boost related. The ignition change you are referring to happens in 93 dp+ic map which the 100 octane tune is based on, 2.25 increase at 170+ aircharge.

100 octane, over 93 dp ic:
advance ignition by 1.50 degrees >= 130 air charge, increase torque request to 504, reduce knock retard step by 0.75 degrees, increase max turbo ratio by 1

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a thread comparing them all if you wanted to check it. Relatively speaking, the biggest differences in the 100 octane tune are boost related. The ignition change you are referring to happens in 93 dp+ic map which the 100 octane tune is based on, 2.25 increase at 170+ aircharge.

100 octane, over 93 dp ic:
advance ignition by 1.50 degrees >= 130 air charge, increase torque request to 504, reduce knock retard step by 0.75 degrees, increase max turbo ratio by 1
In the 93map, at the very top end of the powerband ignition advance is 18-18.75 and on the 100 it's right around 21

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
In the 93map, at the very top end of the powerband ignition advance is 18-18.75 and on the 100 it's right around 21
In the 93 and 100 octane maps, the ignition advance that is around those numbers is in a very limited range that you're not likely to be in. Once you get up to 170-230% aircharge and 5500RPM+ (where you will actually be hitting your torque spike if you're doing a pull) it's in the 10-13 range.

Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro for CTR tuning results upload_2020-3-23_13-30-10

Last edited:

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm talking about in the high end at peak power where air charge is 170-190

This is mine on 93, with 100 I'm sure it would be a bit higher.
Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro for CTR tuning results highspeed ignitio

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm talking about in the high end at peak power where air charge is 170-190

This is mine on 93, with 100 I'm sure it would be a bit higher.
highspeed ignition.png
You're right. I was a bit off. I need to look at my rpm/aircharge X/Y graph and make a heatmap over these ignition values to show where we're likely going to be. For example, the bottom right most cells will likely never be hit. Will share.

alpinefd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Ok if 100 octane boost is increased over 93 then for sure stock fuel pump will hit 100% dc?

just wondering if anyone has logged 100 octane tune and what the fp dc was

I’m curious why hondata released the 100 octane tune

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
To everyone with experience with Hondata. I bought the instant jailbreak but forgot to do it (coming from a 9th gen Si where that wasn't needed). I tried to install a base tune and now my car is in recovery mode. How do I get it out of recovery mode?

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To everyone with experience with Hondata. I bought the instant jailbreak but forgot to do it (coming from a 9th gen Si where that wasn't needed). I tried to install a base tune and now my car is in recovery mode. How do I get it out of recovery mode?
Forgot to do it or forgot how to do it?
If you didn't jail break it...you shouldn't be able to upload a calibration.

What do you mean by recovery mode? First I've heard of that for our car with flashpro

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Forgot to do it or forgot how to do it?
If you didn't jail break it...you shouldn't be able to upload a calibration.

What do you mean by recovery mode? First I've heard of that for our car with flashpro
I was able to fix it. I had to restore back to factory settings, then jailbreak, then run the tune.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Just curious - does anyone know, mathematically, how the throttle sensitivity of the "increased throttle sensitivity" option compares to the standard throttle sensitivity option? With standard throttle, I feel like I can continue to get more and more output as I press the pedal all the way to the floor. It's very progressive. With the "increased sensitivity" option, I feel like I'm at 100% WOT at as low at 20% throttle. It feels great for straight line fun, but I'm not sure I like it for managing throttle in turns.

Does anyone know what the actual scaling is between the two options?

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just curious - does anyone know, mathematically, how the throttle sensitivity of the "increased throttle sensitivity" option compares to the standard throttle sensitivity option? With standard throttle, I feel like I can continue to get more and more output as I press the pedal all the way to the floor. It's very progressive. With the "increased sensitivity" option, I feel like I'm at 100% WOT at as low at 20% throttle. It feels great for straight line fun, but I'm not sure I like it for managing throttle in turns.

Check the torque tables.

I believe increased throttle sensitivity just adjusts the torque values

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

really easy to tell if you look at the torque table and compare the values.
all increased throttle response does is alter the torque tables to request more torque than the standard throttle at the same pedal input giving you the effect of a more sensitive throttle.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
really easy to tell if you look at the torque table and compare the values.
all increased throttle response does is alter the torque tables to request more torque than the standard throttle at the same pedal input giving you the effect of a more sensitive throttle.
Thanks guys. Is it safe to say that the overall highest torque values are the same between the standard and improved throttle options (assuming that we're talking about the same base map for both)?
Sponsored