FlashPro for CTR tuning results

alpinefd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
in the turbo max ratio (temp) table is the X axis unit F or C?
was thinking it's C, but maybe it's F?

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
@Hondata

Hey Hondata, I flashed my car back to factory using online - restore factory

Car now now constantly has brake hold and traction light, engine is barely running (cant go past 14kmh) and the car keeps acting like it's about to stall.

Flash pro and ecu is now not being detected.i dont know what to do :(

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
@Hondata

Hey Hondata, I flashed my car back to factory using online - restore factory

Car now now constantly has brake hold and traction light, engine is barely running (cant go past 14kmh) and the car keeps acting like it's about to stall.

Flash pro and ecu is now not being detected.i dont know what to do :(
Also consider using the Hondata support forums first, here second. Also call the support number. If this is a real issue on some ECUs others would like to know.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Also consider using the Hondata support forums first, here second. Also call the support number. If this is a real issue on some ECUs others would like to know.
Thanks for the advice. I will go to Hondata website (reinstalled flahspro and I can flash it again so I'll see what happens)

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Just wanted to chime in. This morning I was continuing to refine my tune (93 with light mods) and I happened to log some runs in 3rd from 20mph to the top of the gear. It’s 20 degrees out, running 93, traction control on (Hondata + vsa). All right before it snowed (yay).

I remember one log file I had looked at was too short for my needs and I deleted it but remember seeing the acceleration times, and I kept it in my head thinking - cool. You know, started off slow as heck in third and just wanted to record that power take me out to paradise. I do remember the run and it was fast.

Anyways, I’m watching this YouTube video of an R and he’s driving hard starting at 2500 in 2nd all the way through 3rd and to the middle of 4th.

That’s when it hit me, holy sh$t. My car is really fast...

SpsTech

@phoenix_fk8
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
is there any way data from a previous flash can corrupt a new flash and give slightly less power than before when your supposed to have more power?

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When you reflash the ECU is includes a checksum of the ECU memory, so if the ECU memory does not have exactly what you intended it will go into recovery mode. So nope, not possible.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Just wanted to chime in. This morning I was continuing to refine my tune (93 with light mods) and I happened to log some runs in 3rd from 20mph to the top of the gear. It’s 20 degrees out, running 93, traction control on (Hondata + vsa). All right before it snowed (yay).

I remember one log file I had looked at was too short for my needs and I deleted it but remember seeing the acceleration times, and I kept it in my head thinking - cool. You know, started off slow as heck in third and just wanted to record that power take me out to paradise. I do remember the run and it was fast.

Anyways, I’m watching this YouTube video of an R and he’s driving hard starting at 2500 in 2nd all the way through 3rd and to the middle of 4th.

That’s when it hit me, holy sh$t. My car is really fast...
Lol I like watching people's pulls in 4th gear to determine if they've got more power or not. If their speedo refreshes by 2's or up to 4 at a time I can bet it's not. Mine usually refreshes by 5 between 80mph-110ish. Sometimes I get lucky and it increases by 6 at a time:lol:

If I ever see it only increase by 4 I get mad thinking "what the hells wrong with my car". Fuel pump is always fine in 4th, 3rd gear it's really temperamental and I have to keep the torque targets much lower.

I still don't understand how 4th can use much higher torque targets (like 535nm at the top) and 3rd gear I have to keep them around 475 at 5k-6k with only being able to use a hair over 500nm at the very top

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
can i run the hondata flaspro software on a laptop with windows 10 in S mode, or does it have to be home?

Spunkster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR, 2x 98 ITR's, 88 Integra, 06 RSX Type S
Country flag
It probably will not work in S mode, as it can only use apps from the app store.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Apps for S-mode windows are compiled differently, so it's pretty unlikely. They could add support for it though without too much trouble.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
can i run the hondata flaspro software on a laptop with windows 10 in S mode, or does it have to be home?
Get a hold of windows 10 install online and create a bootable USB stick that will run the install. Your Windows Home key should be embedded in the bios of S machines. Otherwise you can get a legit key online for super cheap.

I use a S machine that I instead installed Windows 10 Pro on. Works great.

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Thanks for the replies. I was wondering because I haven’t gotten a hold of a laptop yet but was searching around and typically the lower budget laptops are running win10 in S mode. I’ll look for a win home laptop then! Thanks y’all.

Last edited:

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Thanks for the replies. I was wondering because I haven’t gotten a hold of a laptop yet but was searching around and typically the lower us get laptops are running win10 in S mode. I’ll look for a win home laptop then! Thanks y’all.
Just to be clear, I bought a windows S laptop. But installed windows 10 Pro on it. Everything works great.
Sponsored