Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
There are two cat temperatures. The temperature where fuel is added to keep the EGT down, and then the maximum temperature. We reduce the lower temperature so that ECU does not run stoichiometric too far into boost, but that is a balancing act since it is around peak torque and it is easy to run out of fuel pump. Anyhow, that's why you see a temperature which is lower than the EGT temperature.
Is it ok to run EGT disabled if you are running E30 Tune on Hondata? Also the 2020 CTR will this help EGT in any way since the engine bay has more cold air coming in?
I am a newb
Sponsored

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
That calibration is for their catless downpipe, the ignition tables are too aggressive for a catted DP usually.
I've found you can usually run slightly more ignition than that with a high flow. I do on the daily as well as in my customer tunes. The basemaps are conservative, as they should be.

Is it ok to run EGT disabled if you are running E30 Tune on Hondata? Also the 2020 CTR will this help EGT in any way since the engine bay has more cold air coming in?
I am a newb
There's not much point in running that option without a bigger turbo.

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
I've found you can usually run slightly more ignition than that with a high flow. I do on the daily as well as in my customer tunes. The basemaps are conservative, as they should be.

There's not much point in running that option without a bigger turbo.
kinda confused here
when hondata proves it makes way m ore HP

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
kinda confused here
when hondata proves it makes way m ore HP
One dyno chart doesn't mean much. But maybe I'm wrong and it does more than I thought. From what I've seen it mainly benefits top end power on larger turbos and it doesn't really ever get in my way or add a ton.

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
One dyno chart doesn't mean much. But maybe I'm wrong and it does more than I thought. From what I've seen it mainly benefits top end power on larger turbos and it doesn't really ever get in my way or add a ton.
Yeah this is a stock car

Jpm789

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type R
Country flag
I have p0103 disabled and I'm on the most updated flashpro but I'm still throwing the code from 3rd to 4th at red line is there a solution for this?

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I have p0103 disabled and I'm on the most updated flashpro but I'm still throwing the code from 3rd to 4th at red line is there a solution for this?
Go to hondata flashpro manager , misc tab then disable that code from there

alpinefd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Go to hondata flashpro manager , misc tab then disable that code from there
If you disable p0103 in hondata.
p0103 is maf reading over max limit right? so if maf reading is no longer reading the air mass accurately, what does the ecu use to calculate the parameters?

would a better option to use a larger maf housing like the prl race maf housing?

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
p0103 is maf reading over max limit right? so if maf reading is no longer reading the air mass accurately, what does the ecu use to calculate the parameters?

would a better option to use a larger maf housing like the prl race maf housing?
it just starts guessing, some form of extrapolation. It is better to get a larger MAF housing, yes.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag

My bad I thought you have the po134 regarding the O2 sensor .
I need to see the log , if you have 4.94v in the middle of the pull yes I would go for larger maf housing . 3gear is usually when the peak of maf voltage reading is .
Sponsored