FlashPro Flex Fuel support

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you try testing the 15Amp #6 washer fuse in the engine compartment?
Washer stays hot after ignition turned off. Checked already.
Sponsored

lorenkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
We use the white wire on the MAF/IAT2 harness since it is right there next ot the ECT2 and is 12V ignition switched power.
Thank you for this.

For anyone else playing along with the wiring diagram decoding ring/hunt game, Honda refers to this as MAF/IAT1, and MAF/IAT2 according to them is on the intake manifold. The white wire Hondata calls out is pin 3, and traces back to fuse B21 in the cabin. This is the same fuse that SiriMoto recommends for their kit install by the way. Apologies for the odd screengrab, they don't make it easy to get everything in one go:
Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro Flex Fuel support Firefox_Screenshot_2019-04-28T03-54-48.256Z

BerzerkerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
We use the white wire on the MAF/IAT2 harness since it is right there next ot the ECT2 and is 12V ignition switched power.
When you say you used the white wire on the MAF/IAT2 harness u mean you spliced into it? Not sure how to connect it. I just used an open fuse alot in the underhood fuse box, but I'm not very confident since it's constantly on.

slicksta637

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Thank you for this.

For anyone else playing along with the wiring diagram decoding ring/hunt game, Honda refers to this as MAF/IAT1, and MAF/IAT2 according to them is on the intake manifold. The white wire Hondata calls out is pin 3, and traces back to fuse B21 in the cabin. This is the same fuse that SiriMoto recommends for their kit install by the way. Apologies for the odd screengrab, they don't make it easy to get everything in one go:
Firefox_Screenshot_2019-04-28T03-54-48.256Z.png
That is an awesome pic of the wiring diagram. Thank you! But you might also know, is there a plug that i can use to connect to ECT 2 so that i don't have to splice into that connector? what is that part number and do you have a link?

netpark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Is there any shop out there or mobile mechanic that can install this flex fuel system for me?
I live near Santa Monica, CA. I already have the Jailbroken ECU and Flash Pro.

lorenkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
That is an awesome pic of the wiring diagram. Thank you! But you might also know, is there a plug that i can use to connect to ECT 2 so that i don't have to splice into that connector? what is that part number and do you have a link?
The plug exists, but I'm not sure of the part number or which connector series it is. Hopefully Hondata or SiriMoto can chime in and give you a part number.

NinoTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic TypeR #915
Country flag
What calibration? You need to lower the maximum air charge at that ethanol content percentage.
Flexfuel with mods. I thought the air charge would adjust automatically. I will look into it more when I get off work today.

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
for those who asked, pin 3 (white wire) off the maf sensor connector is where you want to connect with something like a posi tap or another type of splice. it's the ignition/switched signal of the maf sensor.

see pic showing pin 3 of the 5 pins connector.

Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro Flex Fuel support 2019-04-29

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Flexfuel with mods. I thought the air charge would adjust automatically. I will look into it more when I get off work today.
It will, but if you have modifications, especially a downpipe, the extra air flow will max out the stock fuel pump. If is pretty easy to reduce the air charge at 40% ethanol, so if you post your calibration here will we do it for you.

ssjoeboe9

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-r FK8
Country flag
It will, but if you have modifications, especially a downpipe, the extra air flow will max out the stock fuel pump. If is pretty easy to reduce the air charge at 40% ethanol, so if you post your calibration here will we do it for you.
Wow, Hondata with the personal support!
Always cares about their customers.

nYdGeo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
Wait, so the 'fuel system power limit' I've seen mentioned in a few threads is due to the capacity of the fuel pump? For some reason, I thought it would be the injectors. They cut it rather close, didn't they? If one replaced the fuel pump with a higher output unit, anyone have any idea the power capacity of the stock injectors, etc.?

Thank you for your time.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are no fuel pumps. If you look at direct injection engines that make more power than the K20C1 then they just put on two fuel pumps to get around this problem. eg Mercedes V12
Sponsored