Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for this.

For anyone else playing along with the wiring diagram decoding ring/hunt game, Honda refers to this as MAF/IAT1, and MAF/IAT2 according to them is on the intake manifold. The white wire Hondata calls out is pin 3, and traces back to fuse B21 in the cabin. This is the same fuse that SiriMoto recommends for their kit install by the way. Apologies for the odd screengrab, they don't make it easy to get everything in one go:
Firefox_Screenshot_2019-04-28T03-54-48.256Z.png
Where were able to find this diagram? I've been trying to find wiring diagram for the all the grounds
Sponsored

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I’ve always used full power 1st 2nd but had to lower the slip value to 1% on Hondata traction control because of excessive front wheel slip from all that added torque.
You do realize optimal slip is about 5-6% right?

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
full installation and how to plus review of sirimoto flex fuel kit with hidden "integrated" gauge display in the engine bay with a waterproof box. even more torque now on top of the recent prl "triple threat" setup (hi volume intake, titanium turbo inlet, and charge pipes)...

Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro Flex Fuel support IMG_7505.JPG

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Currently running the OTS Flex Fuel tune with PRL HV intake and front pipe. Mixed to E27 and car is running flawlessly. Fuel pump is definitely near the limits.

Logs attached for anyone who's curious.

Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro Flex Fuel support Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 10.51.54 AM

Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro Flex Fuel support Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 10.51.31 AM

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Hondata will there be an update to the Flex Fuel map soon? Also wondering about the PRL intake, if it will be available as a mod soon.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If the intake does not alter the AFM reading then it does not need a mod. The only intake the does need tuning is the eventuri.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Don't really like the idea of splicing/tapping the factory harness for the Innovate install. Would prefer PRL's kit since a lot of people seem to be keeping their gauge under the hood anyway.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
@Hondata, thanks for all the info. Just to confirm a few things.

It seems like if you're going to go with flex, you're better off having everything else stock due to the factory fuel limitation, correct?

Are there more performance gains with flex + FBO if there wasn't a fuel limitation, or is it still marginal?

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ethanol will still give gains with the stock fuel system, but not around peak torque where the HPFP is at max flow. At peak power the fuel pump typically has fuel flow to spare. The difficulty is that there is a fine line between making more power over pump gas and reducing air charge to keep the fuel pump from running out of fuel. As far as FBOs go, most don't make any power or have a secondary effect (lower temperatures in some circumstances), so the only one that makes any difference is the downpipe. And that is a component change not without negative effects.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
@Hondata, not sure if it’s something you were already planning to do, but it would be helpful if you made a video on how to read WOT pull logs. For example, what are the primary sensors I should be looking at, when should I be concerned, etc. I think it would just educate the community as a whole.

Ashxsi

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Sedan si
Country flag
hi guys quick question has anyone experienced a few beeps from their horn prior to starting up the car? just finished installing the sirimoto kit today and looks like that is that is the only thing ive ran into, i just went to check my connections and disconnected and reconnected everything, thanks for the help and much appreciated

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
@Hondata, can you comment on power being potentially reduced when the ambient temps are lower (e.g., less than 60F)?

Since it sounds like the fuel system is already close to being maxed out on a completely stock car, does adding flex/E30 add any additional risk? For example, is there the potential risk that the engine will run lean due to not being able to supply enough fuel? Is the tune able to quickly compensate for the lack of fuel to reduce the engine from running too lean?

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
full installation and how to plus review of sirimoto flex fuel kit with hidden "integrated" gauge display in the engine bay with a waterproof box. even more torque now on top of the recent prl "triple threat" setup (hi volume intake, titanium turbo inlet, and charge pipes)...

IMG_7505.JPG
How difficult was it, to install this gauge, under the hood? I'm torn between having it inside and visible vs. under the hood. I'm guessing it's not something to always look at.