Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
Just noticed the flashpro dyno chart the max torque is almost 280lbft and max HP is over 230hp - it says a civic running “maxium” boost - what is the maximum? I dont recall hondata basemap doing this kind of numbers. This looks like some custom tuning pushing it HARD - and the gain is on top of this maxium boost.
That's the thing, they are not clear. This scenario is good to show that there will be benefits, but no one should expect +18hp like magic if already on a custom/canned tune.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
My understanding of this mod is there are no actual "power gains". It's about retaining power. In other words, let's say a car dynos at 220 hp @ 5500 rpm on the 1st pull. Ticking off the checkbox for this new mod doesn't mean you will dyno at 238 hp on the next.

It's a real world mod. Out on the road if you do several WOT pulls in a row, you might see knock control at .77 let's say. But with this mod enabled, your knock control could be .20+ lower. So instead of losing noticeable power from reduced timing, you are retaining it. And that's a big deal.

I also will add that you really need to monitor knock control with this mod. If you do see a spike you'll know the knock is real.

Last edited:

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My understanding of this mod is there are no actual "power gains". It's about retaining power. In other words, let's say a car dynos at 220 hp @ 5500 rpm on the 1st pull. Ticking off the checkbox for this new mod doesn't mean you will dyno at 238 hp on the next.

It's a real world mod. Out on the road if you do several WOT pulls in a row, you might see knock control at .77 let's say. But with this mod enabled, your knock control could be .20+ lower. So instead of losing noticeable power from reduced timing, you are retaining it. And that's a big deal.

I also will add that you really need to monitor knock control with this mod. If you do see a spike you'll know the knock is real.
Exactly. Lets end this here as this has been explained multiple times.

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
Just noticed the flashpro dyno chart the max torque is almost 280lbft and max HP is over 230hp - it says a civic running “maxium” boost - what is the maximum? I dont recall hondata basemap doing this kind of numbers. This looks like some custom tuning pushing it HARD - and the gain is on top of this maxium boost.
There is a new map in flashpro that has different boost / fuel / ignition maps and puts out power that is close to the TSP OTS maps

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag
There is a new map in flashpro that has different boost / fuel / ignition maps and puts out power that is close to the TSP OTS maps
i think its for USDM vehicle on new calibration, not other countries have those maps i guess.

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
i think its for USDM vehicle on new calibration, not other countries have those maps i guess.
Yes. I can confirm this. There is no additional calibration for ECU designated for my country.

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My understanding of this mod is there are no actual "power gains".

Your understanding is incorrect.

This dyno plot shows the effect of activating the mod and no other changes.

Our testing and tuning over many months showed that no amount of adding ignition to the ignition tables overcame the artificial knock control. The ignition control is now equivalent to the Civic Si. The testing was completed on a Civic Hatchback.

More info here.

This mod is applicable for all base Civics worldwide.

Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro - Artificial Knock Elimination honata-flashpro-civic-base-artificial-knock-control-disable-17h

Last edited:
OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag

It actually will produce extra power. The reason is that the non-Si 1.5T Civics will simply not allow adding the extra ignition timing you need for the best power gains - this new Hondata feature does allow you to add in that additional timing without the ECU pulling it back right away.

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes but you could still copy / reproduce portions of the map at your convenience.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
It actually will produce extra power. The reason is that the non-Si 1.5T Civics will simply not allow adding the extra ignition timing you need for the best power gains - this new Hondata feature does allow you to add in that additional timing without the ECU pulling it back right away.
Aren't you now talking about something different? In the first post you said it adds an additional 18+ hp. Referring to enabling the artificial knock removal on a Hondata base map. To refresh your memory here's the link:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/flashpro-artificial-knock-elimination.60451/

Are you now saying the 18+ hp gain is actually from custom tuning / additional timing? Not seeing any clarity in your comments.

Last edited:

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This dyno plot shows the effect of activating the mod and no other changes.

Our testing and tuning over many months showed that no amount of adding ignition to the ignition tables overcame the artificial knock control. The ignition control is now equivalent to the Civic Si. The testing was completed on a Civic Hatchback.

More info here.

This mod is applicable for all base Civics worldwide.

Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro - Artificial Knock Elimination vic-base-artificial-knock-control-disable-17hp-
Could you please explain the significant torque/power gains that are visible in the dyno plot before 5300rpm where knock control is identical between the two pulls?

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you now saying the 18+ hp gain is actually from doing a custom tune with additional timing?
Hondata took a base Civic with one of our off the shelf maps and some boltons. Our off the shelf map was tuned for maximum power with artificial knock control on (stock ECU configuration). Then we applied the artificial knock control disable mod and made another dyno run. Same fuel same day, 7 minutes apart. There was no custom tuning, just the mod. This produced the dyno plot seen several posts ago.

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not meaning to be impolite or anything, but people / tuners have been adding all the required timing for ages ... are you sure you know what you are talking about?

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hondata took a base Civic with one of our off the shelf maps and some boltons. Our off the shelf map was tuned for maximum power with artificial knock control on (stock ECU configuration). Then we applied the artificial knock control disable mod and made another dyno run. Same fuel same day, 7 minutes apart. There was no custom tuning, just the mod. This produced the dyno plot seen several posts ago.
Where are the gains before 5200 rpm coming from? This means that the lower power line was measured with with already high knock control before the artificial rise. Multiple dyno plots showing the k.control/rpm value will help further undertanding this.
Sponsored