Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
That's how I'm reading it. I won't lie, I'm confused at this point. All I know is I'll ask Derek to disable the knock control rise when we get back to my custom tuning.
I think we're all shaking our heads right now. Anyone have an aspirin handy?

Guess I need to go custom or back to a base tune at this point to have consistently low knock control throughout the rev range.
Sponsored

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So to be clear, you're saying that the ignition timing changes Derek Robinson and other tuners have done in the past to compensate for the artificial rise did nothing?
You are not being clear at all. Hondata can only speak for their software, calibrations and tuning. Please do not infer that we speak for others. That is not what this thread is about.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
We are talking about a tune that uses 2 vendors. One can be hondata, so I guess it still apply? If anything hondata is not being clear sometimes lol

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No amount of ignition timing alteration would overcome the artificial knock control.
Doug, we're all just trying to learn here.

Some pro tuners have said they advance timing in their non-Si tunes to compensate. Tunes designed for both KTuner and your Hondata Flashpro, so I think it's relevant.

If no amount of ignition advance could overcome the artificial knock rise, I wonder why they advanced timing? Again, we're all just trying to learn and understand.

Having said/asked that, I think this artificial knock rise removal mod is the best non-Si tune improvement I've ever seen. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
I thought that up to now, @Hondata base maps (like the +6 / +9) only had boost target changes (possible WOT AFR as well) but no changes in ignition tables.
Please ignore my comment about the changes to the ignition tables. I just compared the Knock Ignition Limit tables on the stock tune basemap and the Hondata +6 PSI one - no differences. We've made slightly ignition changes to our own basemaps we use here. Sorry for the confusion here...my mistake on the Hondata basemap ignition tables.

Sleeper_FK7

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT FK7
Country flag
Artificial Knock can be disabled on TSP Stage 1 tune through the mods on Hondata. Never get any knocks or knock rise pass .54-.55 no matter how hard I push it. (Pure 93oct + 1 gal e85) Figured I'd show this since I found it messing around hondata about to switch to Ktuner but now I'm not sure anymore. Probably will still switch to ktuner just so I can turn off the CEL when I install my dp fp since it's not an option on Hondata (big sad) Hoping I can find the option to disable Artificial Knock Rise in my new Phearable Tune on ktuner but haven't found much luck on here.

Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro - Artificial Knock Elimination TSP Stage 1 Artificial Knock Disabled.JPG

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
None of those modifications should be visible on the TSP1.

I do not recommend enabling this with TSP1. The tune has extra ignition built-in to work around the existing native control value rise behavior.

Sleeper_FK7

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT FK7
Country flag
None of those modifications should be visible on the TSP1.

I do not recommend enabling this with TSP1. The tune has extra ignition built-in to work around the existing native control value rise behavior.
Fair enough. It recently just became available through hondata's recent updates, I would suggest talking to them about fixing that so no one else thinks its ok to run that mod. Hopefully no ill harm has been done.. I just wish they had the option to turn off the CEL for Catless DP instead of Artificial Knock Rise. Hence the reason for the switch to ktuner. Thanks tho!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's so weird Hondata would show those options on a locked tune. Not good.

You may want to pop by their forums to let them know about the issue.

Last edited:

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
When a calibration is 'locked' there is the option of allowing mods or not.
Yep, that file should have had that applied.

It may have slipped through the cracks in prep.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
I understand that if the file was sent prior this mod was available it should be locked by default with the latest updates.

Gogoggansgo

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big turbo fiesta st
Country flag
Very interesting i come from the mustang and Ducati tuning world. Messing with the Knock logic is a big no no, it’s actually incentivize to leave the stock logic alone unless you have false knock issues, then ya don’t have a problem. So for my gfs civic sport is it safe to run this new logic as a daily

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So here's the thing. The Si models don't have this same behavior. I think Honda was being insanely over-protective in adding that automatic, artificial knock rise above 5200rpm or so in the non-Si's.

By eliminating this artificial rise, a pull to redline no longer means a big jump in knock control meaning that the ECU isn't pulling a bunch of timing unnecessarily. That's a good thing. On the other hand, if you're using low quality gas or abusing your car, the factory knock control setup is still in place and knock control will rise to protect the engine.
Sponsored

Last edited: