Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I have to say, that is a huge development.

I use KTuner and it's frustrating seeing kc shoot up anytime I go above 5200 rpm or so.

That's a great new feature for non-Si Flashpro users. Probably one of the most useful tune adjustments I can think of.

Last edited:

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
The Artificial Knock elimination for the base (non-Si) models is a big one. Worth an extra 18+ horsepower!
Misleading text is misleading

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think they mean you keep that power above 5200 rpm compared to cars having the factory knock control strategy that automatically pulls timing up top. Correct?

I definitely prefer keeping those horses versus losing them above 5200 like I currently do. ;)

Actually Derek, I read your blog post (great read btw) that listed this feature as a good one for Hondata:
For non-Si L15 Civics, Hondata allows for disabling of the artificial 'forced rise' in knock control value above 5,000rpm or so. This changes the knock control logic to behave more like the Civic Si (reactive mainly to actual knock sensor activity).
Hopefully KTuner is working on something similar.

Last edited:

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This is really cool. Aside from the artificial knock, what other differences are there in the Si ECU programming?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dude!!!! This is huge!!! My 19 sport touring was brutal, puts you up at .62 shortly after that 5000rpm. drastically kills the power.

TUNING WARS BABY

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I think they mean you keep that power above 5200 rpm compared to cars having the factory knock control strategy that automatically pulls timing up top. Correct?

I definitely prefer keeping those horses versus losing them above 5200 like I currently do. ;)

Actually Derek, I read your blog post (great read btw) that listed this feature as a good one for Hondata:

Hopefully KTuner is working on something similar.
When Hondata releases a feature set, is it live for all supported ECUs at the same time? That's really my only gripe with KTuner.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
When Hondata releases a feature set, is it live for all supported ECUs at the same time? That's really my only gripe with KTuner.
Usually, from experience, as long as it’s included in the software update and your ECU falls under the supported window it releases for all

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Based on when I had Hondata, yes that's how they do it like Jay said.

Dude!!!! This is huge!!! My 19 sport touring was brutal, puts you up at .62 shortly after that 5000rpm. drastically kills the power.
TUNING WARS BABY
This new improvement alone will have a lot of non-Si guys seriouly considering jumping ship. I mean, I love KTuner but this is a total game changer. And it's available NOW.

I can't tell you how many times i'm driving along at a blissful .49 and one hard press of the throttle to the floor jumps it up 20 points and power is GONE. I always thought that was nuts especially knowing Si guys weren't dealing with that behavior.

This is actually the most exciting new development (to me, anyway) I've seen since I've tuned.

Last edited:

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This new improvement alone will have a lot of non-Si guys seriouly considering jumping ship. I mean, I love KTuner but this is a total game changer. And it's available NOW.

I can't tell you how many times i'm driving along at a blissful .49 and one hard press of the throttle to the floor jumps it up 20 points and power is GONE. I always thought that was nuts especially knowing Si guys weren't dealing with that behavior.

This is actually the most exciting new development (to me, anyway) I've seen since I've tuned.
That's kind of why I was asking lol. Given the L15B7 swap is proceeding, I honestly toyed with the idea of trying to implement an Si ECU while we're in there. But if the major difference between the base and Si ECUs is knock control, this could be a much easier solution.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag

TUNING WARS BABY
Yeah I suspect HB Sport owners will really benefit from this. The manual trans is not as torque limited.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Yes, should be live for all non-Si 1.5T ECUs.

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag

I believe KTuner is working on something right now. Unfortunately new features only available to full support ECU most of the time. I can see tons of KTuner users with partial support ECU jump ship to Hondata.

I had a bad experience with Hondata torque limiter for the CVT when I swapped my stock turbo with CR-V/SI turbo. I couldn't hit 22 PSI even after I changed the limiter to 500 nm. Weird it doesn't affect my friend's car with the same ECU ID. The problem is solved after I jumped ship to KTuner.

Another thing, Hondata modifications only offers 1 option (i.e: Better Turbo Response, Throttel Response) with no level of preset customization like Quick Adjustments. So, I think I would stick with KTuner for the Quick Adjustments.
Sponsored