Flashing YLW Brake System Light / RED Brake Light after Rear Brake Pad and Rotor Change

gpicon6

First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex
Country flag
16' Civic Ex

Was performing a rear brake pad and rotor swap, all seemed well the day before when i was doing the brake pad change only, (next day i did the rotors since they had just came in the following day) no issues with the calipers or any dash lights. Following day when i was performing the rotor disc swap, i accidentally pulled my left rear sided caliper to hard and the wiring to the EPB came loose/exposed. There are two wires joined into one and split at the end where they are connected separately in the wire harness. The wires were not ripped nor torn, i attempted to insert them securely into the wire harness and proceeded with the job. In the end once everything was put back into place, I started the car and two lights appeared.

Yellow Brake System Light
Red Flashing Brake Light

I read and found someone with a similar issue stating the wiring on the passenger side was the opposite from whats on the drivers side with White being the first to be connected and black being the second, have tried both and have had no luck in getting rid of it.

The emergency brake button does nothing anymore only the electric brake (pull switch)
Read something about getting into the actuator but wanted to see if that was my only option.

Appreciate the Help Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

gpicon6

First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex
Country flag
youre going to need to replace that caliper/harness
The Entire Caliper? Really? nothing seemed to have gotten damaged the wires were just pulled out the sockets they were in.

Agjackson1987

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic
Same happened to me. Took the car to mechanic and they said the whole caliper had to be replaced.
Sponsored