Flashing red light?

dana0069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda civic touring
Country flag
This just started, I have a red flashing light going off where the temperature gauge is, I don't know what it is? It stops when I get in the car, but as soon as I turn the car off and lock the doors it starts flashing again.
My Toyota had something like this, it was just a fake alarm system to ward off thief's, but I don't have an alarm in this car
I have the 2016 Honda Civic, touring trim, cars only 2 1/2 months old.
Any idea what this is?
Thanks,
Dana
Sponsored

OP
OP

dana0069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda civic touring
Country flag
Well, it certainly looks and acts like a fake security, however it just started blinking tonight, has never done that before..and no mention in the owners manual on it either..

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Well, it certainly looks and acts like a fake security, however it just started blinking tonight, has never done that before..and no mention in the owners manual on it either..
Holy shit man! You're cars going to blow up! You should have purchased the NEW 2016 Chevy Cruze Limited with the TECH package that includes competitor features for THREE THOUSAND dollars less!

It's a light, I didn't notice it until two months either.

Frost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic LX 2016
Actually the alarm works.
Lock the doors with windows down, then reach in and pop the trunk.
See what happens.

Ask me how I found out lol.
Mad dash to pick up keys, which are of course not where you placed them

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought, like, all cars have it. Look at night and you'll see that little lock indicator flashing red.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Yeah. Nothing 'fake' about the alarm/immobilizer at all. The only real improvement would be an aftermarket alarm with proximity warning and maybe paging...

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
This just started, I have a red flashing light going off where the temperature gauge is, I don't know what it is? It stops when I get in the car, but as soon as I turn the car off and lock the doors it starts flashing again.
My Toyota had something like this, it was just a fake alarm system to ward off thief's, but I don't have an alarm in this car
I have the 2016 Honda Civic, touring trim, cars only 2 1/2 months old.
Any idea what this is?
Thanks,
Dana
Car comes with a security alarm - among other things it'll honk the horn if you try to open a door, the hood, or the trunk without disabling it first; with the fob open button.
If you don't believe it, roll a window down , shut and lock the car, then reach in and open the door from the inside - it'll scare the hell our of you!
Oh yeah, you turn it off by hitting the open button on the fob.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to bring back such an old topic. I saw the flashing red light on my dash for the first time and was a little confused. I figured it was a security deterrent but I can't believe I've owned the car for 5 weeks and never noticed it before. Now I'm worried about it draining my battery. :popcorn:

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Sorry to bring back such an old topic. I saw the flashing red light on my dash for the first time and was a little confused. I figured it was a security deterrent but I can't believe I've owned the car for 5 weeks and never noticed it before. Now I'm worried about it draining my battery. :popcorn:
Why are you so paranoid? it's an LED blinker on the dash. Considering if you start your car everyday, the alternator will top the battery up 1000x faster than the light will discharge. Jesus

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Newflyer... seriously?

In the nearly two years I've been at this forum I've noticed you seem to have ZERO tolerance and ZERO sense of humor. Notice the tongue in cheek popcorn emoticon I used? I was kidding about the battery.

Holy shit.
Sponsored