Flashing red light?

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Notice the tongue in cheek popcorn emoticon I used?
Fuck, them emojis showing up as squares on my phone again... -__-

But then again, in the two years you've been on this forum, how much garbage have you seen being posted?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Trust me, I run a forum, there's garbage everywhere not just here. I've shakin' my head more than a few times here wondering if people were serious or not. But no I wasn't serious about the battery. Just felt stupid I never noticed the light before.

Gazelle_392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes S63 Cabriolet
Sorry to bring back such an old topic. I saw the flashing red light on my dash for the first time and was a little confused. I figured it was a security deterrent but I can't believe I've owned the car for 5 weeks and never noticed it before. Now I'm worried about it draining my battery. :popcorn:
Seriously????? It is just a LED, which use almost no power... I am pretty sure your other electrical systems in your car at standby mode use more power than that little blinking lights even when your key is off... ASA you start your car your battery is getting top up in just minutes..

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, must be something in the water today. See my post above. I was joking about the battery. That's why I used the silly popcorn eating emoji after.

Note to self: Don't be silly at CivicX.

Gazelle_392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, must be something in the water today. See my post above. I was joking about the battery. That's why I used the silly popcorn eating emoji after.

Note to self. Don't be silly at CivicX.
Your joke is so not like joke since most people are like "the red dot on your tv when it is off is wasting electricity", seriously?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm trying to translate what you just wrote.

In the meantime you're telling me I wasn't joking? Just trying to clarify things. ;)

Gazelle_392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm trying to translate what you just wrote.

In the meantime you're telling me I wasn't joking? Just trying to clarify things. ;)
I love those broken English from I learnt from some youtube comments, it really confuse people which makes me happy:popcorn:

Seriously thou.... I am saying that I totally ignored that popcorn-eating-whatever-sillyface emoji and thought you are just another "You must unplug your tv if you are not watching since that power indicator red led will waste lot of energy" while their clock on microwave is always on type of person....;)

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
you have to be pretty blatant with sarcasm nowadays...the finer touches are either lost upon many users of the internet, while others use it pretty poorly.

You should have said I'm worried about the LED draining my battery, causing corrosion on my battery posts, and that it'll drain into the sewers and that you'll get a visit from your government regarding all the mutant frogs in your sewers.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Gazelle, thing is, notice the amount of posts to thanks ratio I've got? The 6 featured threads? I'm not one of "those".

Just sayin. :spaz:

inv4zn... that was too funny.

Ok to clear things up. I just saw the blinking red light on my dash today. Felt stupid I didn't notice before. And I'm NOT worried about the LED draining my battery.

Last edited:

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Yes, but ain't nobody got time to look at that....also an emoji is a poor way of indicating sarcasm :p

Anyway, I'm pretty sure like 500 people have gotten notifications from us derailing this thread, let's get back to the flashing red light.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
notice the amount of posts to thanks ratio I've got? The 6 featured threads?
Ok let's not bring that up ever... That's like going around a telling everyone you have 100 likes on your profile picture on Facebook. You're proud and you know you're better than the other guy for having a better like to comment ratio, but you NEVER bring it up

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm using this next time:

Honda Civic 10th gen Flashing red light? Sarcasm-sarcasm-343356_225_174

Newflyer, yeah I agree. I've never brought it up before. Just had to let Gazelle know I wasn't one of "those". LOL Probably shouldn't have mentioned the blinking red light or the battery either.

I will never mention it again. Sadly this thread has caused my thanks ratio to go WAY down.
^^ I'm kidding by the way.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Putin says let's all make amends and be friends...

Honda Civic 10th gen Flashing red light? 1quer7

Rondeau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback sport touring
This is the best topic I've read since joining this forum 4 days ago. The chaos is outstanding. :p

(I'm also gonna intentionally ask about this random red light in ohhh about a year from now. Just to get some gears turning). :rolleyes:

@water_murky

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
I bought a used 2016 EX last saturday, and I've only noticed the light tonight. trippin.
Sponsored