Amber94

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
In all my time of having/ driving my 2018 Si I’ve never noticed or seen this flashing red light that’s near the temp gauge when I lock my doors and I’m still in the car. ( I like to just chill in my car sometimes) anyone have some input? I’ve read it’s a security thing, I just want to make sure. Thanks in advance?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Amber94

Amber94

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
No pic of what you're saying
It flashes red on the dash next to the temp gauge. Didn’t put a pic because I didn’t think it would help since it’s so dark.

Honda Civic 10th gen Flashing red light on dash 6DF7EAA3-C606-4A19-812B-920DB38C781A

OP
OP
Amber94

Amber94

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
That's the motion detection sensor, if tou lock your car and walk near it you see that red light flashing it should go away when youe in the car with your key
I was in my car with the key and all doors were locked. Is it normal for it to do that even though I’m in my car with fob.?
Also thank you.

OP
OP
Amber94

Amber94

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
No it shouldn't keep blinking when your in the car, does it happens every time?
I literally noticed it yesterday night, before then it’s never done that.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
In my LX (which has no Smart Entry feature); that light indicates an alarm status where the doors have been unlocked mechanically with the key rather than by using the button on the key. The 'handshake' between the alarm and the key hasn't happened yet. If I were to open the hood or the trunk; the alarm would activate. Putting the key in the lock or pressing the unlock button on the key cancels this.

I suspect that pressing a button on the fob would cancel the flashing light in your car.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
This could happen if the car does not detect the remote inside. Maybe the remote is in a place where something interferes with its signal.

Last edited:

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
Fob may need new battery..

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
Why not just look in owners manual?? There’s most likely different security modes and you triggered a different mode now the light flashes. There’s are ways to fully disarm most alarms. Example Chrysler’s will arm with a key fob on earlier models by locking the car door with the key. Even the non electronic key will arm the system. I’d try using the key to unlock the door then open and close it and press the lock key and see what it does.

OP
OP
Amber94

Amber94

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
In my LX (which has no Smart Entry feature); that light indicates an alarm status where the doors have been unlocked mechanically with the key rather than by using the button on the key. The 'handshake' between the alarm and the key hasn't happened yet. If I were to open the hood or the trunk; the alarm would activate. Putting the key in the lock or pressing the unlock button on the key cancels this.

I suspect that pressing a button on the fob would cancel the flashing light in your car.
Thank you!

OP
OP
Amber94

Amber94

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Why not just look in owners manual?? There’s most likely different security modes and you triggered a different mode now the light flashes. There’s are ways to fully disarm most alarms. Example Chrysler’s will arm with a key fob on earlier models by locking the car door with the key. Even the non electronic key will arm the system. I’d try using the key to unlock the door then open and close it and press the lock key and see what it does.
I’ll look more into it. So far from the response I got from this thread it’s a security thing but I’ll also check the manual and I’ll try what you suggested and see what happen. Thank you ?
Sponsored