flashing high beams

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I've never been flashed, but that's just because my area is populated with trucks with HIDs and people driving luxury cars with bright headlights. I didn't even know what the hell the maserati logo was until I saw one just driving casually.
Sponsored

quadna71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring sedan
Country flag
Only put 4500 miles on our Touring so far, but no flashes. And half of our 130-mile daily commute is in the morning at 4:30am when it's dark out. Guess we are lucky and ours are aimed well.

Arkbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T with Sensing
Country flag
Installed HIDs on my EX-T and have been flashed twice. Both times on a hill where I was going up and they were going down. Kind of annoying, especially with how even the beam of light is from the projectors. I haven't come across a car where my headlights even reflect in their side mirrors so I know it's not blinding anyone.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
It's okay, at least I know I'm not that guy in a lifted Dodge cummins with HIDs in the reflector, rolling coal up the left shoulder at 80mph when the speed limit is 60 but traffic has grinded to a halt due to rush hour.

DarkTimber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Civic Hatch MT
I frequently flash people to alert them to wildlife (pronghorn, deer, elk, bear) close to the road or on the road. Unfortunately, most people are clueless to look for wildlife, especially in the CO Front Range towns and cities. Frequently, drivers do not slowdown after I flash them. On moonless nights, those drivers probably never see the wildlife if they are only focused on the road. Day & night, in town or in the mountains, I scan the area at least 50 yds from the shoulder. The highest CO wildlife collisions are Oct-Dec with November being the highest rate of collisions.

Bright headlights on 2 lane mountain roads with tight curves is dangerously blinding, therefore, I will flash the other car on these roads if they have high beams on.

palikj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
I have had a car with Xenon headlights which are much brighter than standard halogen ones (or LED?). If an oncoming driver is bothered by the lights, have the aiming checked.

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
Country flag
Does anybody know how to adjust the LED headlights? I think mine could be aimed a bit too high.

It'd also be great to narrow the light pattern. I'd rather illuminate the road than 10' to the right of the fog line...

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The only inconvenient I find with my wife's Sport Touring LEDs is that when I'm flashing back, it turns the Auto High Beams back on (or off)

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cadillac CTS, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I've gotten flashed quite often, just flash them back and see how they like it. I live in Georgia with a bunch of lifted old ass trucks with HIDs/LEDs in their old ass headlight housing, I never seen them getting flashed. People are bastards

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I often get flashed in my Ridgeline which has factory LED projectors. I've checked the alignment and they're spot on with the factory specs. Admittedly, they can be dazzling because there's a lot of light coming from a small aperture. My brother had a '16 Civic Touring and I dreaded meeting him on the road - those headlights were blinding.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I'm not sure how the New Accord's are.
According to the IIHS, all of the 2018 Accords' headlights provide less than optimal illumination and some glare.

The LED reflector/halogen reflector headlights were rated "acceptable" and produced some glare.
The full LED reflector headlights were rated "marginal" and also produced some glare.

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/honda/accord-4-door-sedan

Honda's highest-rated headlights are on the Ridgeline which received the IIHS's highest-possible rating of "good" and did not exceed glare limits. This is even better than Acura's "jewel-eye" LED projectors, which received only "acceptable" and "marginal" ratings.

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/honda/ridgeline-crew-cab-pickup

With the exception of the Ridgeline, it appears Honda doesn't do LED (reflector or projector) headlights very well. The halogen headlights in the 2017 Accord, for example, provided better illumination than the LED projectors in the Touring trim.

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/honda/accord-4-door-sedan/2017

While LED headlights may look "cool", the majority don't provide any better illumination (and sometimes worse) than halogens.

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
I have, I just flash em back. Then they know the car they drive has weak ass headlights and that they are inferior to me on the road.

Hahaha yass!

Iv had cars pull over and let me take lead because my lights were to bright driving behind them.

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cadillac CTS, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Hahaha yass!

Iv had cars pull over and let me take lead because my lights were to bright driving behind them.
thats because theyre lower class with inferior headlights. lets those of higher status upfront

Jamroxorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thats because theyre lower class with inferior headlights. lets those of higher status upfront
And if they try to ride us with their high beams, we’ll just let our auto dimming rear view kick in and keep cruising like it’s whatever.