Flashing 3rd Brake Light Install

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
Suggstion:

Get some "potting compound" to seal those little flasher circuit boxes. Basically goo that seals the board against moisture etc. The potting compound will also provide some physical support (strain relief) for the soldered cables. You can leave the dip switches exposed for future adjustment or you could seal them off forever, your choice.

If you go this route, read and follow the safety instructions.
Wear gloves. Ventilate. etc.
Sponsored

B.E.Spilner

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Mustang Gt , 03 Lightning , 17 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you still making these?

33light

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic ex 2021
Country flag
I always wanted a flashing 3rd brake light because it a safety mechanism helps other drives notice you braking and not SLAM into your car.

The install was very simple and can be done in 2 different ways depending on how you want to go about it. You should also pick which setting you want before hand.

To open the box is easy just pop open the cover. It has plenty of different settings to suit your needs and uses Honda connectors to make it a simple plug n play.
IMG_5128.jpg
IMG_5125.jpg

I have mine set up for 10 flashes and breathing effect

The first method is basically removing the plastic from the hatch.

remove plastic clips. But the stoppers can stay installed and be used to hold up the plastic
IMG_5168.JPG

IMG_5126.jpg
IMG_5123.jpg

Remove plastic trim on the handles to get access to the 10mm bolts on the inside
Honda Civic 10th gen Flashing 3rd Brake Light Install {filename}

Then you just pull off the plastic trim of the hatch. It's all held in by clips that you pop back in. Comes off all in one piece

You then disconnect the 3rd brake light and connect your new one into the connectors

Honda Civic 10th gen Flashing 3rd Brake Light Install {filename} Honda Civic 10th gen Flashing 3rd Brake Light Install {filename}

Now just pop everything back in. I had the box sitting without using double sided tape off to the driver side of the cover. Makes no rattle noise. It is the only spot it would fit since it is a tight fit.

The other way which may be easier but requires 2 people unless you are really skilled lol

You just need to pop off the part that is covering the 3rd brake light ( the thing in photo above). It is a pop in clip too so you can have one person hold back that part while the other gets their hands in there to disconnect and connect. After connected pop back in and you are good. Will not break or bend the plastic. But you need a set of tiny hands. We used a small flat to release the male/female connection and plugged the unit in. And that was it.

You can get them by emailing [email protected] to purchase one 39.99 shipped.

** Applications are available for S2000 and NSX owners in conjunction with Civic Type-R.

Thanks

Tyler
God bless your soul this is exactly what I was looking for