Reaction score
Website
www.shimagery.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Coupe 2019, Civic Touring Coupe 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey all,

been a while since I’ve posted here, last post was when I was swapping out my spoiler for my red bull wing.

Preliminary info: using Ktuner V2, phearable stage 1 with GOD mode, FBO excluding intercooler, type r clutch, 26k miles, 22k tuned

for the past three days I’ve been driving to and from work and on each drive I am monitoring my knock count and knock control. My knock control is behaving normally. Only using 93 octane shell gas or Sunoco. But my knock count goes from a normal 2 or 4 to 200+ or today it when up to 1100while going WOT in third and fourth, now the count doesn’t stay. It literally flashes for less than a second and goes back down to 2.

super confused, since this has happened with my past 4 drives consistently I’m worried I have an engine issue.
All of this started after I couldn’t move over to dodge a log in the road and decided to drive over it rather than crash, it hit the underside pretty hard, haven’t had a chance to look under the car but curious if that could be the cause. Wasn’t happening prior to that.
I don’t have a log to put up yet but next time I drive I’ll make sure to do so.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Smurf.Fc3

Smurf.Fc3

BlueBeetle Si
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shimagery.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey all,

been a while since I’ve posted here, last post was when I was swapping out my spoiler for my red bull wing.

Preliminary info: using Ktuner V2, phearable stage 1 with GOD mode, FBO excluding intercooler, type r clutch, 26k miles, 22k tuned

for the past three days I’ve been driving to and from work and on each drive I am monitoring my knock count and knock control. My knock control is behaving normally. Only using 93 octane shell gas or Sunoco. But my knock count goes from a normal 2 or 4 to 200+ or today it when up to 1100while going WOT in third and fourth, now the count doesn’t stay. It literally flashes for less than a second and goes back down to 2.

super confused, since this has happened with my past 4 drives consistently I’m worried I have an engine issue.
All of this started after I couldn’t move over to dodge a log in the road and decided to drive over it rather than crash, it hit the underside pretty hard, haven’t had a chance to look under the car but curious if that could be the cause. Wasn’t happening prior to that.
I don’t have a log to put up yet but next time I drive I’ll make sure to do so.
Bump

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would recommend posting a log. A datalog, not to be confused with the one you drove over. :)
I'm guessing there is not much to this but the datalog will tell the tale.

OP
OP
Smurf.Fc3

Smurf.Fc3

BlueBeetle Si
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shimagery.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would recommend posting a log. A datalog, not to be confused with the one you drove over. :)
I'm guessing there is not much to this but the datalog will tell the tale.
Haha, just recorded one. How would I extract the log onto my PC? The issue did occur towards the start of my log, so hopefully this will shed some light on the issue.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Kcount is not important it’s k control

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
It's a bug in the software. Happens to me sometimes, usually when your just barely on the throttle. But don't worry the ECU is still doing it's job, regardless of the screen glitch.

OP
OP
Smurf.Fc3

Smurf.Fc3

BlueBeetle Si
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shimagery.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's a bug in the software. Happens to me sometimes, usually when your just barely on the throttle. But don't worry the ECU is still doing it's job, regardless of the screen glitch.
Whew. Thanks for that, super relieved. I intend on building the engine just not at this time.

OP
OP
Smurf.Fc3

Smurf.Fc3

BlueBeetle Si
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shimagery.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So just an update, this is still happening every drive the number when it flashes is getting higher and higher. It’s now at 12,000. This happens as I’m depressing the pedal steadily to achieve boost and go to WOT. Still have that log from before but I don’t know how to pull it onto my computer and the best way to upload it here :/

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Put it in a .zip file and then you can post it.
Sponsored