First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey is it necessary to flash back to factory starting point before taking my car in for an oil change at the dealership?
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Necessary? Not really. It's up to you for the most part.

OP
OP
2tone

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Necessary? Not really. It's up to you for the most part.
So there wouldn't be any thing flagged so the dealer could know the car was flashed, such as in case of future warranty claims? I know with serious warranty claims they can look deep enough and see psi levels not standard with the factory tune. But would this make it so they can say "well your car had been tuned when we did an oil change back in February".

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So there wouldn't be any thing flagged so the dealer could know the car was flashed, such as in case of future warranty claims? I know with serious warranty claims they can look deep enough and see psi levels not standard with the factory tune. But would this make it so they can say "well your car had been tuned when we did an oil change back in February".
It's unlikely anyone is going to bother with that level of inspection during a routine oil change.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you were this worried about your warranty, why flash in the first place? If something goes wrong due to the tune they will find out regardless.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
I leave mine flashed I just pull the V2 and obd2 cable. Nothing has been said yet. They do mention my mufflers being cut off and unbolted in the notes but nothing yet about being tuned...

abiserz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicX
Country flag
In my experience working at the dealership and when I read through the fine print in the warranty, unless an aftermarket part specifically modifies the function of a failing part which is covered under warranty, there is no reason to deny a claim. I've even been approved for warranty work with third party companies with modified vehicles. I wouldn't go through the hassle of reflashing.
Sponsored