Flash pro Tuning for stiffer engine mount

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
Hi guys,

Since having fitted my 27won engine mount i feel like the car requires a little more pulling power off the line at low load, and also im struggling to determine when its appropriate to change gear without overloading the engine i.e going from 5th to 6th the car tells me to down gear via the green triangle indicator.

Is there a way to tune my flash pro so i can have that extra pulling power and use my gears more to keep fuel economy ?

I only feel this with eco button on but ive not ticked econ boost (hondata mode) so am i just in a dialed down sport mode?
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't think you will need to modify your tune for any of that, you just need to spend more time getting used the way it feels and modify your driving habits accordingly. The mount is not making your engine have to work harder for anything.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
What he said ^

I've not heard of anyone modifying their tune for motor mounts, other than raising idle speed slightly if it's really unbearable.

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Cheers guys i thought it may of been something i cant exactly tune out as its just more engine vibration. I have raised the idle which made big difference when idling (obviously) but i also have a smoother de-acceleration now when the revs drop back to idle which makes the car feel less jerky :)

I also reduced the boost target between 1500-2000rpm and thats helped reduce cabin vibrations but still remains good enough at low load if not better.

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
*** update! ×××

I enabled " disable rev hang" and smoothed out the boost curve from 2500-2750 and this had made a world of difference with the 27won RMM cabin vibration!

I have two anoying rattles left which one is coming from the passenger front door card and one in the tailgate trim where i snapped a clip when installing boot spoiler but other than that it has made my drive so more relaxed and smoother on acceleration and actually more enjoyable!

Im at 900rpm idle speed and may consider increasing but other than that im very happy now :D
Sponsored