Flash back to stock before taking to dealer for service?

JakedNuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si coupe
Country flag
I recently tuned my Si with phearable stage 1.5. I love the tune, however I am taking my car to my dealer to do a tire rotation (I don't have jack stands and HF is sold out). I know that a ECU flash can void your warranty, but is that something they will even check for just a simple service?
Sponsored

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
I recently tuned my Si with phearable stage 1.5. I love the tune, however I am taking my car to my dealer to do a tire rotation (I don't have jack stands and HF is sold out). I know that a ECU flash can void your warranty, but is that something they will even check for just a simple service?
Not usually for that or oil change, No.. I have kTuner on mine and had about 10 services on it, no warranty calls voided yet. But I haven't pulled warranties for anything except a tire once. And nothing was voided that time either

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Unless you changed the throttle sensitivity to be very sensitive or something I wouldn't worry about it. They aren't checking it without reason.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
So here's what I do when I take my car in for maintenance.

1. I do not revert to stock.
2. On my current TSP tune, I put it on Map 1, with the Econ button on. This gives it a fairly stock feel.

Liike others have said, if you're taking it in for maintenance, they have no reason to investigate whether you're tuned. Take it in for a drivetrain issue and it becomes a different story.
Sponsored