Flapping tire sound

alao01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-L
Country flag
I just noticed this the day after installing my new wheels with the hubrings. Driving low speeds up to 40 its audible and sounds like a flapping sound almost like its either a flat tire or when its greasy and gets too slick. It's only when I move forward and in rotation.

I checked the tire pressures and washed my tires again thinking it could've been my tire shine application and also if the fender lining was loose and its neither. Haven't had time to lift the car and inspect. I went back to the same shop who installed them and they couldn't tell.

Had anyone had this occur before?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
If it was hub ring related, I'd think you'd have vibrations. No clue exactly what that flapping sound might be.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
New tires?
Does the sound change over different types of road?

It could be something as simple as something stuck in the tread of the tire.. but hard to say.

zerointerrupt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe
Country flag
Flat spots on the tire or tires? It happened to me before, sound was freaking me out. took it to a tire shop, and thats what they said it was.

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
take the hub rings off and see if it fixes the issue. honda's are lug-centric so you don't need hub rings at all.
Sponsored