Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
I looked at it people have done it but at this point, even my boost is a tad risky on the LX so I gave up I was just asking around when the idea seemed somewhat cool.
Oh cool. You were able to get a turbo solution done? I remember you had asked in one of your threads. Were you able to get in contact with the thread creator I linked back then or did you piece something together yourself? Would love to hear about it, we need more people attempting these things.
Sponsored

OhMyItsKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man, the toxicity in this thread is real. Mind you a Civic may be a first car for quite a number of people even if it isn't yours.

Pretty sure you could just leave the thread saying not to do it and why it might be bad. No need for sarcastic/rude remarks. Dude was simply just asking a question. Doesn't hurt to answer it without being disrespectful.

Makes me wonder how many people thinking about joining these forums/want to ask questions, but then are scared to be bombarded with disrespect like this. ?

To the OP: I'm not mechanically inclined like some members here but from what I read/hear it's terrible for our cars and will cause more problems.

_silvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Man, the toxicity in this thread is real. Mind you a Civic may be a first car for quite a number of people even if it isn't yours.

Pretty sure you could just leave the thread saying not to do it and why it might be bad. No need for sarcastic/rude remarks. Dude was simply just asking a question. Doesn't hurt to answer it without being disrespectful.

Makes me wonder how many people thinking about joining these forums/want to ask questions, but then are scared to be bombarded with disrespect like this. ?

To the OP: I'm not mechanically inclined like some members here but from what I read/hear it's terrible for our cars and will cause more problems.
Don't ask a dumb question then ?‍♀

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I remember seeing a special effects thing (maybe it was a FNTF movie thing). I’m pretty sure they weren’t retarding timing or anything for the effect. There wasn’t enough O2 left for a good burn. Remember EGR is using your exhaust gases to insert an inert gas back into your combustion chamber to lower temps by effectively hindering combustion to lower NOX production.

I’m pretty sure they had supplemental fueling to the piping with an ignition source (spark plug) and something of an aerator to make the thing light off
 well anyways.

and yes, I think it’d be terrible unless it was designed to do it and you may extensively damage nearby trim, but it’s your car. I’m not sure the legality of making your car into a flame thrower if it was seen on public roads by law enforcement
 and throwing flames at a car behind you when you’re stopped at at light might get you in an extraordinary amount of shit. However
 whatever you decide
 have fun and show us pics. I’m really interested in a before and after of the bumper after sustained use. I’ve long outgrown my dumb-things-with-cars-phase (and I never went wild) but I won’t begrudge another person’s journey. My 3” straight pipe with no cats or muffler on my first 300zx was probably not the best choice.

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Shooting flames are cool.
On a chopped and channeled lead sled 1950 Mercury, absolutely.
On a bread & butter commuter Civic, what’s the fucking point. ?
The people pointing at your car won’t be thinking, “Hey that’s pretty amazing”.

Last edited:

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On a chopped and channeled lead sled 1950 Mercury, absolutely.
On a bread & butter commuter Civic, what’s the fucking point. ?
The people pointing at your car won’t be thinking, “Hey that’s pretty amazing”.
Your wrong. Everyone would think im the coolest. People may even ask for my autograph. Imma do it!

OP
OP
itbowie15

itbowie15

First Name
Imani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX 2019 CVT
Country flag
Oh cool. You were able to get a turbo solution done? I remember you had asked in one of your threads. Were you able to get in contact with the thread creator I linked back then or did you piece something together yourself? Would love to hear about it, we need more people attempting these things.
The Thread creator himself gave me a little bit I figured the rest out by talking to a business in my area named Honda Medics.

OP
OP
itbowie15

itbowie15

First Name
Imani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX 2019 CVT
Country flag
The Thread creator himself gave me a little bit I figured the rest out by talking to a business in my area named Honda Medics.
and thank you, man, I like experimenting I'm going to put a description of what I needed to complete this when I have time probably in 2 days.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag

As opposed to making experienced, knowledgable members not wanting to bother contributing when they’re told they’re ‘useless and unwanted’ in a toxic, disrespectful manner? ?‍♂ Now who would have done THAT?

jerk off your ego in a different forum.
Dude, you’re talking to yourself. It’s worrying. Please stop. ? (Or include the quote of the actual post and user you’re replying to
 ?)

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
^Point proven.

But, let me ask you when you were first getting into cars and learning, had you never asked a "dumb" question?
I think a lot of regulars get bothered when people haven't seemed to do light research before asking an question. Honestly it looks like some people would prefer the forum transforms into a sort of non-interactive encyclopedia once knowledge becomes established lol. I understand the desire to keep threads of a certain quality but the forum is gonna get less traffic as new gens come out, we should just enjoy it while it lasts

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah
 I’ve been on the forums for 4 or 5 years. I can’t think of a time someone has asked to mod their car to intentionally have flames shooting out of their exhaust for the aesthetic effect. I’ll chat up most anything, and I do remember all the cars lining up in the original F&TF as a teen with an ‘86 300zx turbo thinking, “Man
 what the hell is going on to make those cars spit fire out their tail pipes?” Being able to read up on how plain-Jane and mechanically stock most of those cars were for the filming, any shots of things like that
 rapidly rising speedometers, high speeds, cool noises
 it’s all just special effects.

I do think it’d be kinda neat to see real world, though other than a glow at night in the rear view mirror, you’d never be able to appreciate the effect from inside the car yourself unless you’re talking batmobile-level flames. I think the only way to manage that would be to douse the trunk of the car in gasoline and lighting it on fire. Joking aside, I think extending the exhaust past the bumper would be critical in not melting the plastic bumper. Even the radiant heat coming off the piping when you’ve made a combustion event happen near the end of the exhaust might do it in. Naturally the exhaust should cool as the exhaust travels down the path and create something of a scavenging effect. I’m sure, looking cool aside, it’d throw that effect off and likely be bad for performance, even if it’s negligibly so.
Sponsored