Fkxracing high flow mesh cooling grill reviews?

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I started looking into the red emblems so I can replace the OEM chrome one on the front / back. I ended up coming across the mesh grill from fkxracing and was curious to see if anyone had any reviews on this?
http://www.fkxracing.com/10TH-GEN-CIVIC-HIGH-FLOW-COOLING-GRILL-RED-FK8-FK7-FC3-FC1-FKXFCBGR.htm

I’ve seen a couple of people mention it casually in other posts, but I’m looking for a real review on it:
1) does it truly increase air flow and lower IAT temps?
2) how does it look?
3) ease/difficulty of install?
4) were you able to retain the “SI” badge that is on the OEM front grill?

If anyone could share their review or thoughts on this product I would really appreciate that! Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I started looking into the red emblems so I can replace the OEM chrome one on the front / back. I ended up coming across the mesh grill from fkxracing and was curious to see if anyone had any reviews on this?
http://www.fkxracing.com/10TH-GEN-CIVIC-HIGH-FLOW-COOLING-GRILL-RED-FK8-FK7-FC3-FC1-FKXFCBGR.htm

I’ve seen a couple of people mention it casually in other posts, but I’m looking for a real review on it:
1) does it truly increase air flow and lower IAT temps?
2) how does it look?
3) ease/difficulty of install?
4) were you able to retain the “SI” badge that is on the OEM front grill?

If anyone could share their review or thoughts on this product I would really appreciate that! Thanks in advance!
I don't have it but I can tell you it does not affect IAT temps. The grill is not in front of the intercooler, only the radiator. It will only improve engine cooling, which is beneficial for sustained hard driving/track use.

As for install, it requires removing the front bumper. It's not real easy, but once you've done it once it's not too difficult.

OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I don't have it but I can tell you it does not affect IAT temps. The grill is not in front of the intercooler, only the radiator. It will only improve engine cooling, which is beneficial for sustained hard driving/track use.

As for install, it requires removing the front bumper. It's not real easy, but once you've done it once it's not too difficult.
Yea I didn’t think it would because of its location, but I read on one of the posts that it lowers IATs and I was like ehhh let me ask ha.
Oh okay. I’ve already removed the bumper twice now, so I’m pretty comfortable doing that. Just trying to figure out if it’s worth the $200 and if I truly like the look of it.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Yea I didn’t think it would because of its location, but I read on one of the posts that it lowers IATs and I was like ehhh let me ask ha.
Oh okay. I’ve already removed the bumper twice now, so I’m pretty comfortable doing that. Just trying to figure out if it’s worth the $200 and if I truly like the look of it.
FKX Racing also sells the high flow grille used in the HPD Civic Si racecar. I like the appearance of the racecar version as it looks more OEM. As you can see in the photos they have to relocate the Si emblem.

I don't think they have it listed on their page but if you contact them you can order it. I think it's the same price as the other grille.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fkxracing high flow mesh cooling grill reviews? 1019HPD (1)

Honda Civic 10th gen Fkxracing high flow mesh cooling grill reviews? 2020-honda-civic-si-coupe-and-sedan-021-1574794397

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
FKX Racing also sells the high flow grille used in the HPD Civic Si racecar. I like the appearance of the racecar version as it looks more OEM. As you can see in the photos they have to relocate the Si emblem.

I don't think they have it listed on their page but if you contact them you can order it. I think it's the same price as the other grille.

1019HPD (1).jpg

2020-honda-civic-si-coupe-and-sedan-021-1574794397.jpg
hmm might have to order one of these i like the look