TheBigG

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2017, Kia Optima Sportswagon GT 2017
Country flag
How the heck it is possible to gain almost 72Nm and 37hp just with a catless dp???

TheBigG

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2017, Kia Optima Sportswagon GT 2017
Country flag
He mentioned that dyno was after installing the Downpipe, front pipe and borla exhaust
Nope! The "stock" line is with Borla catback and the other one is with dp and front pipe.
I really don't think the front pipe would make any difference at all. We have seen that cat back exahaust don't lead to big gains or in some cases will cause loss of power. So it has to be the down pipe...and I really, really don't think a dp can give you so much power

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nope! The "stock" line is with Borla catback and the other one is with dp and front pipe.
I really don't think the front pipe would make any difference at all. We have seen that cat back exahaust don't lead to big gains or in some cases will cause loss of power. So it has to be the down pipe...and I really, really don't think a dp can give you so much power
yeah, I meant that, lol. The "baseline" had the borla...then they added downpipe and front pipe.

I'm with you, I don't feel the front pipe makes that much difference, but does help a tad.

I also agree, the downpipe has to be where we get the most power and I'm skeptical of the downpipe freeing up that much...maybe it was done on different days?

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
I also wonder if some hondata (or ktuner, etc) can help tune out that dip in power at 6K rpm
Looking at Vit's blog on the Motec he was able to smooth it out so with tuning on the hondata or ktuner should be able to achieve the same.

Just wonder how he ended up smoothing it out. More boost up top?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
yeah, I meant that, lol. The "baseline" had the borla...then they added downpipe and front pipe.

I'm with you, I don't feel the front pipe makes that much difference, but does help a tad.

I also agree, the downpipe has to be where we get the most power and I'm skeptical of the downpipe freeing up that much...maybe it was done on different days?
if you look at the dyno graph, he's just plotting up the sections where he gained the most power and torque. Your really only "gaining" that power for a split second in the range. It's more of a 20 hp/trq boost throughout the range which is believable. Looking at the torque graph, the factory dyno has a huge dip at 3500 (like most stock ctr dynos i have seen) and he's comparing it to the lowest point of the dip.

OP
OP
team3d

team3d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx
Country flag
I also wonder if some hondata (or ktuner, etc) can help tune out that dip in power at 6K rpm
i am sure it can fix the minor hp dip at 6000rpm, the dp & fp fix the stock torque & hp dip at 3700rpm

Honda Civic 10th gen fkx racing catless down pipe & front pipe fp do img_1949-

Status
Not open for further replies.