fk8registry.com no longer up?

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Someone was managing a webpage at fk8registry.com but it appears it is no longer an active site. That is kind of ashame because while not every CTR owner registered their R, it was neat to see who the latest registrant was by badge number.

If anyone knows who managed this web page, let us know if they can bring the site back online. Thanks
Sponsored

Deleted member 31314

I don't know, there is no real indication of how may 2020 models there will be yet since they are likely to be identical to the 2019 MY, but i doubt we will see the CTR continue in this configuration or even sold world wide.

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
it was a novel idea, but since the Fk8 wont be a limited run its pointless
What was suppose to be a limited run turn out not to be. Honda oversaturated the market with this trimline. It’s not the Integra type R of yesteryear where the production number was truly limited. So a registry is pointless. There are probably over 35k fk8 type R’s around the world already.

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
3 years of production and 35K vehicles worldwide is not a high volume vehicle.

PwrOfDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
Compare it to the integra type R that is truly limited production .Even the FK2 is even more limited then the Integra Type R. So 35k+ fk8 type R’s is over saturation for a type R platform compared to Type R’s from the past.

Honda Civic 10th gen fk8registry.com no longer up? 38E1DC37-A042-4DBF-94CE-8EA16E1F6339

Honda Civic 10th gen fk8registry.com no longer up? 267A5A54-EBCF-41FE-BF8D-309EBDC2FD91

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Just saying this is not a common, high production vehicle. Production of vehicles is done to meet the demands of the market. But yes, there were fewer old Type R models....but not Civics in America which drove the demand. I bought mine to drive and enjoy. Not sure how it is in your area but I never see another one.....EXTREMELY rare around here.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

PwrOfDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
If you compare it to more common cars like Camry ,accord ,civic and corolla then this car would consider to be semi rare. The other type R model that I forgot to mention is the EP3 type R which have production numbers of close to 35k and the FD2 type R has approximately 13k units. Why even have a number plate if you planning to build a large volume of vehicles. I think the Fk8 model will even surpass the EP3 production units. With this high volume of units. I think we should be getting discounts rather then paying the enormous mark-ups.

Honda Civic 10th gen fk8registry.com no longer up? 01FB9F23-8A4C-4A4D-819D-F360B112DEB5

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In closing I'm just happy to be able to buy a Civic Type R AT ALL in America. I paid MSRP for my 19' and have absolutely nothing bad to say about my purchase. I'd absolutely do it all over again. What year is your CTR??

OP
OP
WindJunkie

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
In closing I'm just happy to be able to buy a Civic Type R AT ALL in America. I paid MSRP for my 19' and have absolutely nothing bad to say about my purchase. I'd absolutely do it all over again. What year is your CTR??
I agree.

I rarely see another CTR in my hometown, or anywhere I'm ever at (I do travel a decent amount).

I get that the CTR isn't limited by the individual thousands, but if even as much as half of the worldwide production of the FK8 equated to 15,000 units delivered to the US, that still isn't that many units when you factor in 3 model years (17, 18 and 19). IMO, I do consider the CTR "limited production" even if the badge numbers aren't unique to the build, engine, etc. or as limited as prior generation Type Rs.

I see more M2s, 350GT, STI, and Tesla Performance Package Model 3s than I do CTRs (my office alone has two Model 3 performance pack owners).

In the last year I may have seen another CTR out in the wild three or four times, and FWIW, I live in the biggest city by land mass in the USA (Jacksonville FL).

Back to the original posted topic, I found it neat to see who would register their FK8 on the registry bc it let us know what the latest badge number was. That was interesting from my perspective, too bad the page is down

Last edited:

PwrOfDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
I bought mine in June 2017. I am one of the top 10 people to have one in SoCal. I purchased it when it was only a VIN number and haven’t even hit the dealer showrooms yet. Got to bring it home 2 weeks after signing purchasing papers when it was delivered on the truck. Paid a huge markup on it thinking it would be a limited run model like the previous Type R’s. If I have known it would go on until 2020 and massive production. I would of just waited and save myself money and buy it at MSRP or below for the 2019 or 2020. I thought this because I was there and witnessed the Integra Type R frenzy. I didn’t even get a chance to purchased one because it was all sold out. Did not want history to repeat itself so I rushed to buy this one .

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same man, still can't believe in a few months I'll be at the 2 year mark of ownership.

I bought mine in June 2017. I am one of the top 10 people to have one in SoCal. I purchased it when it was only a VIN number and haven’t even hit the dealer showrooms yet. Got to bring it home 2 weeks after signing purchasing papers when it was delivered on the truck. Paid a huge markup on it thinking it would be a limited run model like the previous Type R’s. If I have known it would go on until 2020 and massive production. I would of just waited and save myself money and buy it at MSRP or below for the 2019 or 2020. I thought this because I was there and witnessed the Integra Type R frenzy. I didn’t even get a chance to purchased one because it was all sold out. Did not want history to repeat itself so I rushed to buy this one .
But do you enjoy the car even if isn't as limited as you thought it would be?

PwrOfDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
In SoCal, CTR’s are all over the place. There are so many since people are getting them at MSRP or below. Inventory has finally caught up with demand.

PwrOfDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
Same man, still can't believe in a few months I'll be at the 2 year mark of ownership.

But do you enjoy the car even if isn't as limited as you thought it would be?
The car is good for the most part. The part that bothers me the most was that I paid that stupid high mark-up for a car that was not limited like I thought it would be. I will definitely will not pay mark up or even MSRP for it now considering the units available and so late in the game.
Sponsored