AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Ive done majority of my add ons... springs were out of my comfort zone and the shop i went is really good. Plus they did my wheels and tires at the same time
Nice. That's a good bit done.

A friend of mine has access to a lift so that will make things much easier, or at least convenient lol. I'm always up for a challenge and looking to increase my skill set
Sponsored

Tpain19841

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Nice. That's a good bit done.

A friend of mine has access to a lift so that will make things much easier, or at least convenient lol. I'm always up for a challenge and looking to increase my skill set
Thats awesome, if i had access that would be a different story.... think you will like the springs. Post up some pics when its all finished

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thats awesome, if i had access that would be a different story.... think you will like the springs. Post up some pics when its all finished
Still debating on going ahead and ordering everything, or just keep saving until I can get my hands on PRLs turbo and the new clutch I'll need to go with it. I don't think I could swap the clutch on my own since you definitely need a lift and have to pull out the transmission. That'll be $1k in labor on top of $700 for the clutch : /.

I'll more than likely order them soon, especially when I get taxes back and if there are any more stimulus payments in the pipeline lol.

Tpain19841

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Still debating on going ahead and ordering everything, or just keep saving until I can get my hands on PRLs turbo and the new clutch I'll need to go with it. I don't think I could swap the clutch on my own since you definitely need a lift and have to pull out the transmission. That'll be $1k in labor on top of $700 for the clutch : /.

I'll more than likely order them soon, especially when I get taxes back and if there are any more stimulus payments in the pipeline lol.
Big Money right there! Better add some fuel to that turbo upgrade... i mean if you are gonna buy all that stuff soon then wait. Do it all in one shot

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Big Money right there! Better add some fuel to that turbo upgrade... i mean if you are gonna buy all that stuff soon then wait. Do it all in one shot
No telling when the turbo will be released with all this BS going on. They did manage to get 470 on the stock fuel system/engine with 100 octane on their original prototype design so that's hopeful considering the new p600 should get close to 600hp with the inadequate DIFP removed from the equation. (In)patiently waiting for more updates. If I could get 425-450 at a safe AFR I would be stoked. Trying to get to 500, not so stoked. Rods, pistons, rod bearings and a fuel upgrade is going to cost a fortune.

Port injection would really need a standalone ECU to control, don't think I'd trust a piggyback for that. The proper setup I was quoted was close to $10,000 so that's out of the question. 4p pump won't easily work with the bosche ECU unless hondata or k-tuner makes it so. I highly doubt hondata would care to implement it considering they're bringing out their own fuel system. Which would be the only viable option at this point. Still, $3k is a lot of money for a marginal 20% increase. It would still be plenty of enough for what I would be willing to invest in the engine itself. Such a shame it's so expensive to mod past 400hp on this car.

As far as things go cost wise, springs are super cheap comparatively lol. The rv6 rear sway bar will cost more than them, but if I get that instead of a cheaper eibach or white line I would never have to upgrade it again.

Tpain19841

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
No telling when the turbo will be released with all this BS going on. They did manage to get 470 on the stock fuel system/engine with 100 octane on their original prototype design so that's hopeful considering the new p600 should get close to 600hp with the inadequate DIFP removed from the equation. (In)patiently waiting for more updates. If I could get 425-450 at a safe AFR I would be stoked. Trying to get to 500, not so stoked. Rods, pistons, rod bearings and a fuel upgrade is going to cost a fortune.

Port injection would really need a standalone ECU to control, don't think I'd trust a piggyback for that. The proper setup I was quoted was close to $10,000 so that's out of the question. 4p pump won't easily work with the bosche ECU unless hondata or k-tuner makes it so. I highly doubt hondata would care to implement it considering they're bringing out their own fuel system. Which would be the only viable option at this point. Still, $3k is a lot of money for a marginal 20% increase. It would still be plenty of enough for what I would be willing to invest in the engine itself. Such a shame it's so expensive to mod past 400hp on this car.

As far as things go cost wise, springs are super cheap comparatively lol. The rv6 rear sway bar will cost more than them, but if I get that instead of a cheaper eibach or white line I would never have to upgrade it again.
I applaud your dedication to the R and willing to spend that type of money. Too ambitious for my blood but its a great. My tuner down in Florida just put down 437/386 on an R the other day with a turbo wheel upgrade and meth injection..... i just cant afford to blow it up, lol

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I applaud your dedication to the R and willing to spend that type of money. Too ambitious for my blood but its a great. My tuner down in Florida just put down 437/386 on an R the other day with a turbo wheel upgrade and meth injection..... i just cant afford to blow it up, lol
Yeah I feel you on that. Hopefully a bigger turbo will be easier on components heat wise. Definitely going to run it conservatively if I don't have a built motor.

I'll be getting a tune to go along with it, if it could manage 360ft/lbs at 6500 that would be right around 450hp. And also somehow not go much above 380 In the mid range. Dunno if that would be possible but we'll see.

Should be hearing about when is a good time to go and use the lift, should be an all day affair

late camaro

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Nova SS, 01 S2000, 15 Camaro SS/1LE, 18 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any tire rubbing over bumps or cornering, with adult passengers in the rear seats?

Frantic_FK8

First Name
Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, 240sx
Country flag
I’m planning on pulling the trigger on these soon. Does the rear feel bouncy on comfort mode? Just wondering how well the stock dampers work with the high spring rate of the rear

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
think 18x9.5 38offset w 255/40 will work w these, no rubbing?
Sponsored