Adova

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
I got the car back today - running. The fix was a full reset of the ECU. I am not exactly sure the method, nor would I have probably understood had they gone through a full explanation, but it involved a brand new scan tool that they had that was able to get the job done. Cost - 2 shop hrs. ($350).

As far as the cause, they can only speculate that something shorted and pissed off the ECU, adding that it was probably lucky that it didn't just fry it. There was a left over 4g amp wire under the drivers seat that was exposed and hot. I was also running directly to the fuse box. I found that after all of this as I was messing with the sub. But, it never was in contact with anything that I can see as it was sandwiched between the carpet and floor mat. Stupid that they left it like that, but whatever.

Anyways, I will resume messing around. Cautious to keep a charger on the battery while I flash it. Cautious to always remove negative first and replace negative last. Cautious not to let rogue power sources short.

I have a huge build (for me at least) coming up with this car shortly that I will post here. I hope the community can help me to navigate the build and avoid as many issues as possible. Thanks for the help so far!
Sponsored