FK8 Type R - Minor cosmetic imperfections.

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
You can never go wrong with black. That paint looks amazing! I already have a tough time maintaining my NHP EM1 so I had to go with CW on my Type R.
I will be doing a complete buff and ceramic coat this weekend so hopefully I will be happy with my results.

There were many dealer imperfections with mine as well.
I've been debating to do the Ceramic coat on mine, but man as much as I know it will protect up to certain level the paint of the car, it feels very rewarding the traditional wax stuff during the weekend. IT SHINES LIKE CRAZY.
Sponsored

HondaReese23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 and EM1
well what my detailer told me is that it eliminates you having to wax/detail the car on a weekly basis. I just got my master blaster in the mail today and was told to do a very light wash and dry with the master blaster. He said the ceramic coat basically coats and protects the full detail job that is done to the car prior to its application.
it normally takes me 3-4 hours to wash my car so hopefully this new setup will help reduce the time.

FK8 Twigs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #01007
Country flag
I noticed that the weatherstripping surrounding the small c-pillar glass (behind the rear passenger windows) has cureled up slightly in the corners in the same spot on both sides... very strange. I thought maybe the guys at the hand car wash place snagged it during a wash but it's weird that it happened in the same spot on both sides. I'll have to take a picture.

I basically refuse to wash my own car anymore as I remember with previous cars every time I would wash it I would find the latest paint chip or scratch or swirl and it would drive me crazy ! Although I did decide to take this car in for a ceramic coating next week so I don't have to give some added peace of mind.

VTECnR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Type R
Country flag
I noticed that the weatherstripping surrounding the small c-pillar glass (behind the rear passenger windows) has cureled up slightly in the corners in the same spot on both sides... very strange. I thought maybe the guys at the hand car wash place snagged it during a wash but it's weird that it happened in the same spot on both sides. I'll have to take a picture.

I basically refuse to wash my own car anymore as I remember with previous cars every time I would wash it I would find the latest paint chip or scratch or swirl and it would drive me crazy ! Although I did decide to take this car in for a ceramic coating next week so I don't have to give some added peace of mind.
Both of mine are curled up too.

HondaReese23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 and EM1

yup same here. happened during my first wash :mad: