type.rahul

First Name
Rahul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Hi has anyone completed a component speaker upgrade on the doors? If so...did you use a new crossover and how far back did you have to go in the loom/wiring to locate the existing one?
Sponsored

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
I skipped the crossovers for now until I get aftermarket amp to power them. The factory crossover I believe is built into the 12 channel factory amp.

OP
OP

type.rahul

First Name
Rahul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
I skipped the crossovers for now until I get aftermarket amp to power them. The factory crossover I believe is built into the 12 channel factory amp.
Thanks mate, I’ve done the same at the moment. I connected the new tweeters to the woofer input and it sounds so flat so went with existing wiring and left out the crossover, sounds real good!

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks mate, I’ve done the same at the moment. I connected the new tweeters to the woofer input and it sounds so flat so went with existing wiring and left out the crossover, sounds real good!
For sure a huge difference compared to stock. But now I need to find time to tune my sub again since the tweeters drown it out.

OP
OP

type.rahul

First Name
Rahul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
For sure a huge difference compared to stock. But now I need to find time to tune my sub again since the tweeters drown it out.
Defo q huge difference!! Bought an Underseat sub which is getting delivered today...looking forward to The install!
Sponsored